• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ALPA Could drive Skywest stock DOWN.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Take a look at two stable and successful regional airlines. Skywest and Republic Air. Both high quality products for their division and both moderately cost effective operators. However looking back on a 10 year line Skywest Airlines stock has continually averaged 2-7 dollars a share higher. Good evidence and reports suggest Unions instill fear in investors and the market price for a company's stock who is under a CBA will trail those under freedom. If the pilot group is unable to convince you unions are or are not desired in the industry most certainly the stock market speaks for itself. Just some thought for those of us at Skywest and other carriers about to vote/not vote.

Take a look at American Airlines. It is totally unionized. After their restructure, the stock was initially in the $1 range. Where is it today?

This is the most lame threat I have ever heard. Investors make decisions on whether a company is profitable and whether there is growth potential.

ASA became more profitable and had more growth after the pilots and flight attendants organized. I am not making the suggestion that profits and growth resulted from unionization. I am merely saying that your inference is HOGWASH.

I would say that when labor contracts are in place, that costs are known for a given period of time, making certain forecasts more predictable.

Try a new angle!

Last edited:
Bricktop,

Maybe you should give this statistic to the FO I recently flew with who is trying to support his wife and child on first year FO pay. Sure would be nice to have ASA's new 1st year pay. If Jerry and Co. really wanted Skywest to be the employer of choice they would automatically bump our payrates/work rules upto ASA's new TA. I must have missed the announcement on Ishare.

I think you may see that pay increase matched soon.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. A lot of pilots I have talked to are wondering why the "Unionized" ASA pilots got this deal and we got a slap in the face. I would think the employer of choice would offer nothing less than ASA's contract with retro pay back to the expiration of the 99 seat for 50 seat agreement. It won't happen! They are hoping the union drive fails (to them it is a sign that we are happy with what we have) so they can give us the finger and go back to collecting their stock options. Legally I don't believe the company can do anything with our pay agreement until the drive is over. I've been around this block before.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back