Aloha

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Prop2Jet

Sad to see these guys go but I can't see why when their CEO believes that "unfair" competition drove their 60 + of service out.

I think what he meant to say is that "our inability to forecast and plan appropriately has been the primary reason of our shutdown. This lack of business awareness gave numerous opportunities for other capitalist-savvy airlines to undercut our ways and thus gain the market advantage."

Why can't these freaking CEOs realize that their company failures are their own doing and not caused 100% by the outside competition. Sad they even lie when they shut the doors. Don't worry fellow friends, the CEO probably got a nice golden parachute and a lay.

" Unfortunately, unfair competition has succeeded in driving us out of business, bringing to an end a 61-year-old company with a proud legacy of serving millions of travelers in the true spirit of Aloha. We realize that this comes as a devastating disappointment to our frequent flyers and our loyal business partners who have supported this company for many, many years. "

Last edited:
Err, the same stuff MESA is paying Hawiian millions for ($86 million, I think).
Oh, yeh, and the same stuff MESA is going to court in October for, and hopefully a massive payout to Aloha.
MESA, and all attached to it are scum.
What sad bunch of wankers.

Sad to see these guys go but I can't see why when their CEO believes that "unfair" competition drove their 60 + of service out.

I think what he meant to say is that "our inability to forecast and plan appropriately has been the primary reason of our shutdown. This lack of business awareness gave numerous opportunities for other capitalist-savvy airlines to undercut our ways and thus gain the market advantage."

Why can't these freaking CEOs realize that their company failures are their own doing and not caused 100% by the outside competition. Sad they even lie when they shut the doors. Don't worry fellow friends, the CEO probably got a nice golden parachute and a lay.

" Unfortunately, unfair competition has succeeded in driving us out of business, bringing to an end a 61-year-old company with a proud legacy of serving millions of travelers in the true spirit of Aloha. We realize that this comes as a devastating disappointment to our frequent flyers and our loyal business partners who have supported this company for many, many years. "

They were suppose to forecast a regional airline (Go!) entering their market that could "fly empty for 5 years and still be okay with profits from the States."...? A regional airline that would give away tickets for free...?? I don't think so.

I don't think you fully understand what happened out there. This was something they shouldn't of ever had to see happening. It was unfair and unjust competition. That's why Hawaiin has won a lawsuit against Mesa and soon Aloha will win as well.

You are right I did not get the entire story but read this article and it pissed me off because to many of the good guys are getting laid off. I am so sick of these shady companies.

You are right I did not get the entire story but read this article and it pissed me off because to many of the good guys are getting laid off. I am so sick of these shady companies.

Yeah I hear yah... we've all got a tough road ahead I think.

Latest resources

Back