Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

VanMan

Aloha Airline pilots picket

Several dozen pilots picketed outside the Aloha Airlines corporate offices on Thursday over the company's reorganization plans.

Management is expected to file a motion in bankruptcy court on Friday to terminate labor contracts and benefit pension plans.

Pilots say they've already made many concessions and can't afford to lose any more.

"They want a free hand in setting their own hourly wages, benefits, work rules, everything that governs the way we work as pilots. They want to put it back together again and it's utterly unacceptable," says Steve Brenessel, retired pilot.

Aloha officials say they're seeking cuts to preserve jobs, and offered to increase company share in contribution plans to make up for the loss of benefit pensions.

Picket till it bleeds!!!

VanMan said:
Picket till it bleeds!!!

PREDICTION... one way or the other, the picketing wont be taking up too much more of our time. And yeah, me legs were frickin sore after yesterday but no bleeding yet!

Picketing on Sat and Sun at the airport should get even more press.

FA's and pilots will both be there.
come out and support them and get your free tee shirt.

11am to 1pm at the Inter-Island terminal.

Sleepyhead said:
Picketing on Sat and Sun at the airport should get even more press.

FA's and pilots will both be there.
come out and support them and get your free tee shirt.

11am to 1pm at the Inter-Island terminal.

i'm working this weekend but I have a long break (55 minutes) in between a KOA & a OGG turn. I'll grab a sign and make a few turns with the stews!

IH/D8D, I'm curious why you're agreeing with anything vanman's bothered to post here. You don't think he posted this in support of AQ, do you?

RJP said:
IH/D8D, I'm curious why you're agreeing with anything vanman's bothered to post here. You don't think he posted this in support of AQ, do you?

I Dont care what he thinks... This is OUR TIME NOW.

Latest resources

Back