• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Travel says 1Q profit to top Street view

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just because it's an MD-88 does not mean it is newer. 82, 83, 87, and 88's were all coming off the production line at the same time, to the specification of the customer. Delta's 88's came off the line between 1987 and 1993. To that point Allegiant has at least a couple of 83's that came off the production line in 1996. Allegiant's average fleet age is about 18 years...a quick glance at the Delta MD-88 fleet puts their average fleet age at right about 18 years...FWIW!

More importantly, at least they are paid for! :D

Its funny because about 10 years ago, I was seeing the same sort of posts about Southwest. Times do change don't they?

While it would be nice to end up like SWA, there's a large difference in managerial styles between the two. SWA has always believed in the "trickle-down" effect of customer relations. Treat and PAY your employees well, and they will in turn treat the customers well. Allegiant? While I don't feel that we are grossly mistreated, they haven't quite figured out the PAY technique yet. :confused:

One thing I can say is I was treated with a whole lot more respect at Allegiant then at My current job (Compost - aka Compass)!

Latest resources

Back