• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant Schedules??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
about how many are they hiring a month right now? will hiring possibly continue into the begining of 08?

I would assume the reason most people cancel is due to the low pay. Pilots have ample choices these days, virtually every carrier in every category, is hiring. And we're seeing the results. That's good for our profession as the pay has to come up to meet the demand. I just wish our management could figure it out.

Although we have good QOL with out and backs, that's not always the case if you're junior or if you commute. The money isn't bad form a 'time spent' perspective (Captain at 1-2 years making $80K-$100K), but in a year to year comparison, AAY comes up short.

The cancelations are working in our favor during our ongoing negotiations because they are a clear sign to management of what we have been telling them all along: we need a @#$%^ raise! Personally, I would love it if people just sent in more resumes...just so they can cancel their interview, citing low pay as the reason. If nothing else they would be doing this profession a huge favor. The airline pilot career isn't what it used to be because of management and corporate greed.

If this negotiation goes south and management doesn't come back with a decent offer, we'll probably look to bring in a union. The profits are way too big for management to be squeezing the purse strings so tight, especially with the market for pilots being what it is.

D1

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back