Allegiant says Aloha to Hawaii

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They are flying to Hawaii from Fresno!?
Fresno is the biggest dump west of the mississippi, it will be hard to fill up planes from there.

Uh, yeaah. That's kind of the point. People want to get OUT of Fresno.

Allegiant?

Sort of like taking Mesa for a 6 hour flight.

Tell us about your slum lord CEO. I really don't give a sh!t if you make money. Your company is garbage. The Goodwill of airlines.

No discriminating passenger would choose Allegiant if there is another choice.

Fubi, you are right.

I'm devastated.....

Having been to Maui on Airways I have to believe Allegiant isn't much worse. Not to knock Airways but the aircraft interiors are crap, the seat pitch is DVT inducing and the F/A's are...well...you know.

Having been to Maui on Airways I have to believe Allegiant isn't much worse. Not to knock Airways but the aircraft interiors are crap, the seat pitch is DVT inducing and the F/A's are...well...you know.

You’re looking for the industry term of art: “Senior Mamma’s”. :eek:

No offense. But, Allegiant won't be the first airline to fly nonstop from Fresno to Hawaii. But the first try, in 1986, lasted one flight before Hawaiian Airlines pulled the plug because of a lack of bookings.

No offense. But, Allegiant won't be the first airline to fly nonstop from Fresno to Hawaii. But the first try, in 1986, lasted one flight before Hawaiian Airlines pulled the plug because of a lack of bookings.

...and Pan Am ruled the airways! Northwest pulled the plug on direct flights between Las Vegas and DSM, FSD, FAR (I'm sure I have left some out) several years ago because of lack of bookings/yield/profit. Allegiant has operated these city pairs before and since at a profit. Hawaiian's failed attempt 27 years ago has zero relevance on Allegiant's success or failure in 2012. Allegiant has not been successful to this point because they do what Hawaiian, Alaska, Delta, United, etc, etc, do. I'm sure Hawaii will be no different.

Last edited:
Had a Haole moment reading the thread title, thinking their ETOPS program had gone bust and the deal was off or something.

Allegiant?

Sort of like taking Mesa for a 6 hour flight.

Tell us about your slum lord CEO. I really don't give a sh!t if you make money. Your company is garbage. The Goodwill of airlines.

No discriminating passenger would choose Allegiant if there is another choice.

Fubi, you are right.

And here #6 makes an appearance

I think this is what the playbook looks like with this topic:

1) attack the pay rates even if they are 1 dollar lower per hour.
2) if they resolve that then attack the retirement.
3) if the above is resolved attack them if they are non-union.
4) Next attack the cities they fly to if less desirable than your airline.
5) Having trouble? Next attack the fleet type if it is older than what your place has.
6) Go after the CEO.
7) If it all looks solid dig into the airlines history. Target any past pay for training type arrangements. (If you are dealing with a SWA joker happy about his employment- go after the pay for type rating deal)
8) If all the ducks are still in a row go after the attractiveness and age of FA's.
9) Research scab and strike history- you may find opportunities here. Go back 30-40 years if you have to.
10) Look at accident history-this is fair game even if the accident happened as far back as the Carter administration.
11) Consider an argument about upgrade time.
12) Simply make up something and see if you can slip one past the goalie. Make it look like fact by adding numbers/percentages to it.
13) Still nothing working? go after the spelling. Words such as "there" and "your" will always yield you an opportunity. Caution: use spell check when doing this- type it on a word document first-then drop the hammer.

I think the above is how it works after reading these boards for about 10 years now. You will not win here. Whatever you do, make sure you don't have any past posts from years ago that reveal you were trying to get hired at the airline you are slamming, someone always has the time to dig for hours checking past posts. Go back and delete these or register a new user name to get the job done.

And here #6 makes an appearance

I think this is what the playbook looks like with this topic:

1) attack the pay rates even if they are 1 dollar lower per hour.
2) if they resolve that then attack the retirement.
3) if the above is resolved attack them if they are non-union.
4) Next attack the cities they fly to if less desirable than your airline.
5) Having trouble? Next attack the fleet type if it is older than what your place has.
6) Go after the CEO.
7) If it all looks solid dig into the airlines history. Target any past pay for training type arrangements. (If you are dealing with a SWA joker happy about his employment- go after the pay for type rating deal)
8) If all the ducks are still in a row go after the attractiveness and age of FA's.
9) Research scab and strike history- you may find opportunities here. Go back 30-40 years if you have to.
10) Look at accident history-this is fair game even if the accident happened as far back as the Carter administration.
11) Consider an argument about upgrade time.
12) Simply make up something and see if you can slip one past the goalie. Make it look like fact by adding numbers/percentages to it.
13) Still nothing working? go after the spelling. Words such as "there" and "your" will always yield you an opportunity. Caution: use spell check when doing this- type it on a word document first-then drop the hammer.

I think the above is how it works after reading these boards for about 10 years now. You will not win here. Whatever you do, make sure you don't have any past posts from years ago that reveal you were trying to get hired at the airline you are slamming, someone always has the time to dig for hours checking past posts. Go back and delete these or register a new user name to get the job done.

"Bra, it's time for bed."
"Sorry, I can't right now."
"Why not?"
"Because someone on the Internet is wrong."

Latest resources

Back