Allegiant questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Box-Hauler

For anyone who works at Allegiant, I searched FI and APC for any info on schedules and base bidding, could not find any current info.

So here goes:

Q: What is the schedule like, days on / off, blocks of time,

Q: How do you determine your base, is it chosen for you in indoc, or do you bid it on availability.

Q: What are the most junior bases and time lines to get to other bases.

Q: Are they going to open any more bases?

Q: Any other current info, new airframes, hiring, expansion.......

For anyone who works at Allegiant, I searched FI and APC for any info on schedules and base bidding, could not find any current info.

So here goes:

Q: What is the schedule like, days on / off, blocks of time,

Min days off for reserve is 10 per month, count on no more than that. Line holders min is 11. Currently LAS is averaging 15. Count on being off Tuesdays and Saturdays if in Vegas. Lines are running around 75 hrs this month.

Q: How do you determine your base, is it chosen for you in indoc, or do you bid it on availability.

Fill out a base bid in indoc and CP will assign based on bids and seniority. Standing base bid is put on file and you get called when your number comes up.

Q: What are the most junior bases and time lines to get to other bases.

Junior bases now are IFP, UTA, IWA. People move all the time. Time to get to other bases varies. Will probably get where you want within a year.

Q: Are they going to open any more bases?

TYS or GSP is the latest rumor.

Q: Any other current info, new airframes, hiring, expansion.......

All rumored yes, except hiring - already happening.

Reserve in Las Vegas is pretty nice. I average 21 days a month without getting called on reserve. My busiest month was March when I worked 13 days on reserve.

You bid for your base right from the beginning and it's awarded by seniority. The CP awards standing base bids each month. Once an opening comes up in seniority order, your base of choice will be offered the following month.

Expanding the IWA base significantly. No new airframes as financing is null right now is what I've heard.

How long would it take to get based in LAS? Also, how do you guys think this economic downturn/banking crisis is gonna affect Allegiant?

Like Daytonaflyer said, the reserve life is pretty good....IF you live in base. I have worked the least I have ever worked. If I was still commuting, life would have been hell.

As far as financing more airplanes, I think if they came available, the management team we have would be able to jump on them.

Latest resources

Back