Allegiant Q?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

toa2mdt

Does anyone know about a training contract, pay during training, if the company pays for hotel and who does the training at Allegiant?

I sent them a resume and would like a little insight

Thanks

Does anyone know about a training contract, pay during training, if the company pays for hotel and who does the training at Allegiant?

I sent them a resume and would like a little insight

Thanks

No contract

You get paid during training... not sure how much.

No hotels provided.

Allegiant does the training at Allegiant.

Thanks,

Is training done in LAS? What sims do they use?

Do they allow trip trades/drops?

Anyone know what the interview is like?

Thanks, Hope I get a call.

Training pay is $2000/mo.

Is training done in LAS? Yes. What sims do they use? Contracted

Do they allow trip trades/drops? Yes.

Anyone know what the interview is like? Pretty laid back and informal. Not technical. "tell me about a time when..."

Thanks, Hope I get a call.
No problem,...good luck.

D1

When are the next class dates?

How long is training?

How soon do new hires qualify for health benefits?

Also, on the interview questions from other websights:

1. "They ask some very pointed questions about ALPA and FFDO's.":

Why is this? Is there pressure of a union. Do they not want FFDO's?
Does having an ALPA position at a former employer hurt the chances of a class date?

2. "The Captain does the walk-around, comes to the cockpit and mentions to you that both right nav lights are inop. Mechanic is 5 hours away and you have a full load of pax onboard ready to go. Captain wants to depart, says he'll have it fixed at destination. What do you do? *WHEN ANSWERING THIS, REMEMBER THIS IS NOT A MAJOR AIRLINE. THIS IS A TYPICAL SUPPLEMENTAL. HINT HINT* "

Does Allegiant expect pilots to fly with a know discrepancy? Or, are pilots pressured to fly with know broken items?

Thanks,
I have an interview on the 5th and just looking for more insight. If there is anyone that works there and wouldn't mind talking with me please pm me.

Mike

By the way,
Thanks to all that work at Allegiant on this board. You all seem nice and are very helpful without common harsh comments that are usually on this board.

My replies are within your quote.

When are the next class dates? Jan 4.... 22 in the class as of now.

How long is training? I think it's about 6-8 weeks start to finish

How soon do new hires qualify for health benefits? 1st day of the next month after you start.

Also, on the interview questions from other websights:

1. "They ask some very pointed questions about ALPA and FFDO's.":

Why is this? Is there pressure of a union. Do they not want FFDO's?
Does having an ALPA position at a former employer hurt the chances of a class date? I wasn't asked anything about ALPO when I interviewed a year and a half ago. I don't think the pilot group has any intention of unionizing anytime soon. We have a couple FFDOs here, and I've never heard anything negative about the program from management.

2. "The Captain does the walk-around, comes to the cockpit and mentions to you that both right nav lights are inop. Mechanic is 5 hours away and you have a full load of pax onboard ready to go. Captain wants to depart, says he'll have it fixed at destination. What do you do? *WHEN ANSWERING THIS, REMEMBER THIS IS NOT A MAJOR AIRLINE. THIS IS A TYPICAL SUPPLEMENTAL. HINT HINT* "

Does Allegiant expect pilots to fly with a know discrepancy? Or, are pilots pressured to fly with know broken items? NO... IF it's broken, write it up.

Thanks,
I have an interview on the 5th and just looking for more insight. If there is anyone that works there and wouldn't mind talking with me please pm me.

Mike

There are no questions about unions or FFDOs.

As to the nav light question, that one was tossed a long time ago.

Questions are of a non-technical, more HR type nature. Pretty laid back.

Hope this helps.

D1

Latest resources

Back