• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant IPO raises $90 mln, above range

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All out n backs sounds great! Any word on how much growth with the new cash injection, aircraft and people? I would love to be home every night in Florida!!!-Batfish

Bases in SFB and PIE have many new hires. PIE has been more successful than anticipated with high loads and advanced bookings. Expect to see alot of growth from there...

I'm barely over 2 years, left seat, averaging $9K per month. Some guys w/ similar time get paid more w/ heavy crew ($10K-$11K). Is that enough for you? Not that I really care, as it's more than enough for me. You see, I don't have to completely ruin my personal life to get that. No personal time wasted sitting around airports on 4-hour layovers (been there), living 2/3 of my evenings out of a bag in yet another God-foresaken hotel room (done that), waiting in the snow for another crew van (yep, that too), or sitting between 2 sweaty fat dudes on a nail-biter commute (when I don't get bumped...). There are no stinkin' crash pads ($), spare cars ($), or daily expensive meals. I feel healthy: I can eat right, get to the gym frequently, and most importantly, I'm not chronically fatigued by wrecking my sleep schedule across 4 time zones every week (makes you old fast). The list goes on...

This job is a breath of fresh air in a profession that has become a complete nightmare. I average 12 -15 days a month (more--or less if I choose). Before I forget, here's the best part: I leave for work in the morning, and I'm back home by afternoon, BEFORE my wife gets home from work and the kids get home from school! Wow!...watching the kids grow up along with having the personal time to enjoy my life...what a concept.

Yes, you can make more elsewhere and visit your investments 2.5 days a week (starter castle, Lexus and whatever family/friends you'll have left). Knock yourself out,...you might even gain the distinction of being the richest guy (frog?) in the cemetary. Your standard issue airline ex-wives (3-4 usually) will enjoy your wealth but probably won't visit your grave...nor will the children who never knew you.

As I've stated in the past, it's not for everyone, but ideal for those who have their priorities in line. We come from a wide variety of backgrounds, many of which from majors. They have no intentions of going back...go figure.

If you don't like what Allegiant has to offer, apply elsewhere.

...And good luck chasing that elusive wealth and prosperity.

D1

This is an excellent post on allegiant. Very accurate, especially the 1st paragraph.

8K a month? That's not even six figures a year. You're a captain, right? Cause that's crap pay even for an FO on an -80. You really sound clueless braging about wages like that.

You know, pay is all relative. If you were only making dimes before this, 8K a month is a good thing. Ijust want to say this, however, how much money do you make flying your Cessna 150 around? Now look at who's clueless...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back