Allegiant interview no shows

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

xjs1

A buddy of mine over at Allegiant forwarded me this letter from a interviewee who declined. He said he was sent a response from the CP saying he would be put on some "never call/never respond" list.

Ms. Stark,
>
> I regret that I will be unable to attend the interview for the pilot position scheduled for tomorrow.
>
> Although I remain very interested in a career with your company, after researching your compensation package, I find I am unable to make a living on your current payscale. Please understand that every other aspect of a potential career with Allegiant is attractive to me. I believe very strongly in your business model and your mission statement. I am more impressed each day with your continued growth and success.
>
> I personally believe, however, that once a professional pilot has gained the necessary experience that would qualify him to operate a 150-passenger jet in an FAR 121 Domestic operation, that individual is worth significantly more than what you are currently paying.
>
> It is my sincere hope that should Allegiant Air adjust it's pilot compensation package in the future, I would once again be considered for a position with your company.
>
> Thank your very much for your consideration.

A buddy of mine over at Allegiant forwarded me this letter from a interviewee who declined. He said he was sent a response from the CP saying he would be put on some "never call/never respond" list.

Ms. Stark,
>
> I regret that I will be unable to attend the interview for the pilot position scheduled for tomorrow.
>
> Although I remain very interested in a career with your company, after researching your compensation package, I find I am unable to make a living on your current payscale. Please understand that every other aspect of a potential career with Allegiant is attractive to me. I believe very strongly in your business model and your mission statement. I am more impressed each day with your continued growth and success.
>
> I personally believe, however, that once a professional pilot has gained the necessary experience that would qualify him to operate a 150-passenger jet in an FAR 121 Domestic operation, that individual is worth significantly more than what you are currently paying.
>
> It is my sincere hope that should Allegiant Air adjust it's pilot compensation package in the future, I would once again be considered for a position with your company.
>
> Thank your very much for your consideration.

If this was the case and he really didn't want the job then why bother to show up at all.

Or is he making a point?

That's a classy letter. The writer identifies the facts that preclude him from interviewing. He didn't make a childish personal attack on anyone.

Some of the more emotional posters here could learn from that.

I think many that interview or are about to are right on the fence as to whether or not they really want to work at allegiant or not. Pay being a big reason why. Especially when you don't know if SWA or Delta will ring your phone any day. It doesn't matter what the "advertised" upgrade is, you have to look about 4-6 years out on the FO pay scale and think worst case senerio....that is what you will be making.

I can understand the idea of protesting sub-par pay, but did he not know what the pay was before he applied? It sounds like a cop-out, to me. And notifying them the day before the interview? Why not give them time to fill the interview slot with someone who wanted to work there? If you don't like the pay, don't apply. That'll send a message.

For those who don't work at Allegiant:

What you guys don't realize is that most of the pilots here couldn't be happier about the large amount of interview no-shows and cancellations. We are in the middle of pay "requests" with the CEO and this does wonders to illustrate the point we have been making about the upcoming difficulty of attracting qualified pilots with our Chinese sweatshop compensation package.

Most of us who were hired on over the past few years applied here for two main reasons. The first reason is that there just weren't many other attractive alternative companies hiring. The second was the quality of life factor in that 99% of our trips were out-n-backs and you were in your bed every night. That is worth a lot to many people. Unfortunately, reason #1 is totally gone now and reason #2 erodes more and more with every bid packet. For instance, try a 38 hr hard LINE (not reserve) of red-eyes and 11 full days off. The reason you are only credited 38 hours is because you are spending another 40 deadheading in the back or in the jumpseat, for $20 and hour! You'll be getting guarantee and that's it. Guys who haven't bid reserve in many months are doing so now to avoid lines like these.

Most of us really like the type of flying here and the people we fly with. Last year we agreed to a paltry raise because, in good faith, we wanted the company's IPO to be successful. Well, it certainly was and now the company is raking in the $$ with 17% margins. Our company is very innovative and original when it comes to gleaning revenue from the oddest places and we all applaud them for that. However, much of those margins comes on the backs of its employees which, as we all know, is not very original! All we want is our fair share of the success of this company. I am cautiously optimistic that our CEO will do the right thing to keep this company on track to be successful. If not, this will be a VERY different place in just a few months from now.

To those wanting to work here, I would take a wait-and-see approach for a couple of months to see how our compensation pans out. If you want to get your foot in the door now, be my guest and roll the dice. But when you are stuck at the low FO pay for several years with a company morale that will put NWA's to shame, don't say you weren't warned.

I think many that interview or are about to are right on the fence as to whether or not they really want to work at allegiant or not. Pay being a big reason why. Especially when you don't know if SWA or Delta will ring your phone any day. It doesn't matter what the "advertised" upgrade is, you have to look about 4-6 years out on the FO pay scale and think worst case senerio....that is what you will be making.

I couldn't have said it any better myself. I interviewed last month and was fortunate to have a job offer. For four days I kept thinking of ways I could live on their 1st and 2nd yr salary so I could accept the job offer. I really wanted to work there, however it just wasn't possible to take that large of a paycut. In addition, having to pay for my own hotel during training wasn't setting well with me either. Allegiant seems like a great company. As BRA mentioned, you can't plan your career and income on the 1-2yr upgrade that's advertised. If their FO pay became more industry standard, I would definitely consider re-applying.

Last edited:
for me , that letter was mind game. written with the eloquence of a good litigating attorney.

to go to that length just to say no is pure crap. on its face. that was something to do to get back at them for maybe tiurning down a buddy.

for me , that letter was mind game. written with the eloquence of a good litigating attorney.

to go to that length just to say no is pure crap. on its face. that was something to do to get back at them for maybe tiurning down a buddy.

Maybe the guy just writes well and wanted to make a point. TC

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back