• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Allegiant interview no shows

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As BRA mentioned, you can't plan your career and income on the 1-2yr upgrade that's advertised. If their FO pay became more industry standard, I would definitely consider re-applying.
The first year F/O pay is actually about dead on indusry average, especially if you factor in the legacy carriers. It is the Captain pay that is still about 30% below industry average. Sure it is more than most Regionals, but Allegiant is a stand alone carrier that just made 24 Million. With planned growth, the Captain pay needs to be a little more. A career in the right seat of a 75/76 at a legacy is alot more lucrative than a two year upgrade at Allegiant.

Regarding the allegiant interview no show:

Regarding the allegiant interview no show:

The person who did this stunt was totally irresponsible and self centered. Obviously this person thinks that he/she is the only pilot who has to make the tough decision to take a paycut or struggle through training pay. I am sure after this self righteous grandstanding all other pilots at his/her airline will be blackballed from being hired there, at least until the CP P.O.S retires next year.
If this person wanted to really work there or is so appalled by the payscale maybe he/she should have tried to get onboard and make a difference instead of throwing in the towel like. Especially if this was a job they wanted.

UNBELEIVABLE.........

FWIW, I thought the guy's letter was well written and very respectful. It's better than showing up at the interview knowing that you won't take the job later.

I think he made more of a "difference" by doing that, than if he was just another new hire. (Is he self-centered because he wants to pay his bills???)

No one raises a pay scale just to be nice to pilots. Pay scales are raised when they can't fill classes, and cockpits. I think he did the Allegiant guys a favor.

Now only if EVERYONE who gets an interview there (or anywhere for that matter) would cut a letter like this the day before their interview...

sure the guy made a point... the letter is great... i just think why go to so much trouble to tell them they don't pay enough?

What's better?

Complain on Flightinfo, or try to do something that at the very least makes a point??

I sure most/many would have just gone their way keeping their reasoning to themselves... which of course would make no difference at all in any way.

As for joining to try and make a difference... Well tell that to all the pilots at any company that are looking to make a difference... Well then I'm sure you would be the same people saying, hey, you knew the pay scale when you applied, so don't complain. And, it is mostly a hard road and next to impossible for most pilots most places to achieve improvements. Who's getting raises at this point??

Different strategies for different people.

If there is one thing pilots need to learn it is there is more than one way to do things, and MY WAY is not always the only way or even the right way for someone else.

Last edited:
For those who don't work at Allegiant:

What you guys don't realize is that most of the pilots here couldn't be happier about the large amount of interview no-shows and cancellations. We are in the middle of pay "requests" with the CEO and this does wonders to illustrate the point we have been making about the upcoming difficulty of attracting qualified pilots with our Chinese sweatshop compensation package.

Most of us who were hired on over the past few years applied here for two main reasons. The first reason is that there just weren't many other attractive alternative companies hiring. The second was the quality of life factor in that 99% of our trips were out-n-backs and you were in your bed every night. That is worth a lot to many people. Unfortunately, reason #1 is totally gone now and reason #2 erodes more and more with every bid packet. For instance, try a 38 hr hard LINE (not reserve) of red-eyes and 11 full days off. The reason you are only credited 38 hours is because you are spending another 40 deadheading in the back or in the jumpseat, for $20 and hour! You'll be getting guarantee and that's it. Guys who haven't bid reserve in many months are doing so now to avoid lines like these.

Most of us really like the type of flying here and the people we fly with. Last year we agreed to a paltry raise because, in good faith, we wanted the company's IPO to be successful. Well, it certainly was and now the company is raking in the $$ with 17% margins. Our company is very innovative and original when it comes to gleaning revenue from the oddest places and we all applaud them for that. However, much of those margins comes on the backs of its employees which, as we all know, is not very original! All we want is our fair share of the success of this company. I am cautiously optimistic that our CEO will do the right thing to keep this company on track to be successful. If not, this will be a VERY different place in just a few months from now.

To those wanting to work here, I would take a wait-and-see approach for a couple of months to see how our compensation pans out. If you want to get your foot in the door now, be my guest and roll the dice. But when you are stuck at the low FO pay for several years with a company morale that will put NWA's to shame, don't say you weren't warned.

The shark that run outfits like that are well aware of what they are doing to their workforce and that's part of the plan. That goes double for the scumbag freighter outfits. As long the flights go, it doesn't matter. Only when the revenue stops do they care. With some of the better companies hiring, Allegiant will continue to lose the quality people and eventually morph into the model where the workforce is mostly drunks, strange-agents, and guys who can't go anywhere else. And, that's what the company leadership wants.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back