Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

glasspilot

News Article

I was in a Piaggio taxiing in front of them just before it happened. They were going to takeoff 35R when ATC turned the airport around. They back taxied the runway and exited at L (I think that's it) and gave way to us taxing on 35L.

It's a hard turn from L right onto 35L and their right main went into the grass. Last thing we heard before we took off was from them, "tower, I think we may be in the grass"

On our takeoff roll on 17L I looked over and sure enough their right main was in the weeds.

News Article

I was in a Piaggio taxiing in front of them just before it happened. They were going to takeoff 35R when ATC turned the airport around. They back taxied the runway and exited at L (I think that's it) and gave way to us taxing on 35L.

It's a hard turn from L right onto 35L and their right main went into the grass. Last thing we heard before we took off was from them, "tower, I think we may be in the grass"

On our takeoff roll on 17L I looked over and sure enough their right main was in the weeds.

You guys should probably update your plates.

Wish is was Virgin America instead.

No ill-will towards VA, just think that that the headline, "Virgin stuck in grass in PIE," would be fun to see.

Gee Whiz, I hope everyone is OK. Were there injuries reported? Sadly, on a slow news day in a place like St. Petersburg this does probably qualify as newsworthy.

Nevermind, I got it. Yeah, old habits die hard. Make those 36's and 18's.

Latest resources

Back