Allegiant Hiring Dispatchers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bushpilot29

[SIZE=-1]Position: Dispatcher[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Location: Las Vegas, NV[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Submit resumes to: [email protected], or print and complete a job application and FAX to 702-853-4602[/SIZE]BASIC FUNCTION:
Prepares and distributes dispatch and flight releases, weather data and runway analysis for all Allegiant Air flights in accordance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulation’s and company policies and procedures. Performs flight following activities in support of scheduled, chartered and ad-hoc flights. Develops and executes abnormal operational recovery plans in conjunction with Crew Scheduling, Maintenance Control and Station Operations departments. Performs as the communications focal point for all Company flight operations. .
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES:
  • Prepare and distribute Dispatch/Flight releases, weather, NOTAM, runway analysis for all Company flight segments in accordance with applicable FAR’s and Company policies and procedures.
  • Monitors weather continuously and communicates significant changes to affected flight crew members as required by FAR’s.
  • Briefs the PIC of weather, NOTAM’s, aircraft MEL items and aircraft and runway performance issues that could affect the operation of the flight.
  • <LI class=style5>Monitors the progress of all schedules, chartered and ad-hoc flights. <LI class=style5>Declare an emergency, when in their opinion, this is the best course of action. <LI class=style5>Acts as the primary point of communication for all company flight operations. <LI class=style5>Coordinate and communicate enroute irregularities <LI class=style5>Maintain required database information
  • Communicate irregular operations with all scheduled, chartered and ad-hoc field stations and external customers.
  • Coordinate with Crew Scheduling, Maintenance Control and Station Operations during times of abnormal operations to determine the best course of action.
  • <LI class=style5>Communicate and execute operational recovery plans. <LI class=style5>Maintain SOC manuals and publications ensuring they remain current. <LI class=style5>Replace crew members as required during hours when Crew Scheduling is not available. <LI class=style5>Provide a verbal and written pass down to their replacement. <LI class=style5>Professional Demeanor <LI class=style5>Ability to speak, write and understand English <LI class=style5>Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
  • Other duties as assigned
REPORTS TO: Manager of Dispatch
SUPERVISES: N/A
INTERACTIONS: Flight Crews; Crew Scheduling; Maintenance Control; Station Operations
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent; College preferred; Aircraft Dispatch Certificate
Experience: Two years dispatch experience preferred
Knowledge: Computer literate; Complete understanding of applicable FAR’s
Working conditions: Primarily Indoors; Must be flexible to work all shifts including weekends and holidays.
Physical demands: Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high stressed environment and have the ability to make quick decisions.

Went out for the interview about a year ago. This is how it went I had to find my own way out to LAS from CVG that was not cool. The dispatch office is about 45 min away from the Dispatch office so I had to rent a car. Then I had to rent a room for the night because I coudl not get home. If you live in LAS it is fine if not then it is not. I want to say at the time they were starting at 30,000 I think dispatch office was really small. Know your Jepp plates cause they quizzed me on that

Is casey H still the Director there?? The interview mentioned above is fairly accurate, I too interviewed there a few years ago, But the $32K pay was a problem there.. itis expensive to live there now.. but the company seemed very good..

I believe an old Director of Flight Control of mine just went to work there. The real job and the real money is 120 miles north on I-15, and I'm already here.

Interview call

Just got a call from Pauline in HR for a phone interview.I had to turn it down because she said they pay 32k-35k.Living in LAS 32k won't go to far.

Latest resources

Back