Allegiant and ALPA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope....absolutely none.

ALPA was approached last year. We were told they were too tied-up with other airlines' problems and weren't interested in taking on new/smaller carriers.

Most of us didn't want them either...

Allegiant and ALPA.......no.........No.................HELL NO!!!!!!

besides, we have a well organized albeit unofficial in-house "union"

If you ever think you want ALPA, just take 2% of your paycheck and burn it in the Fireplace. Same thing as having ALPA on the Property!

Besides All The Scabs That Work There. Not Baiting But Its True.
I believe I lived in a St Loser crash pad with you for awhile. There's a bunch of us Trans Staters here, none of us are scabs and I don't know any others that are scabs here. Lot of ex-regional and ex-scenic people.

WOW. I flew for Eagle for a LONG time under the wonderful 16 year contract that ALPA negotiated and with all the FLOWBACKS flying as Captain (my seat) that ALPA negotiated BEFORE I got there and now I am a SCAB? Before that I flew in the military, fought in Iraq, etc. WOW, did not know that qualified me to be a SCAB. ALPA treated the regionals different during contract negotiations and focused on the Majors, now everyone is in the toilet with pay and the regionals remain there. When Southwest started out, their pay sucked and now it is good, non-ALPA. Allegiant pay will get there one day, they are just getting started.

As far as I know, we have 1 person here that would fit that discription. I believe he crossed at Eastern.

Scabs

Yes we have a few scabs from Eastern here. Nobody from GO-JET or some other broken down regional that only a few people care or even know about work here.

More importantly Allegiant is a good place to work and with our recent pay raise things are indeed improving. Allegiant is what it is, I have been here not quite a year and I am looking at upgrading in 3 to 4 months. The money is better than any regional I have worked at and the QOL is better than I have known before. However, IT IS NOT A MAJOR AIRLINE!!!!! It is a START UP LIKE ANY OTHER!!!! We have had a few people come here and expect a TWA, AA, UAL, NWA, or CAL. They get on our pilot website and complain incessantly. It is really annoying, you want to ask them what sign was on the door when they waked in for the interview!

If you want to come here please send in your resume and interview, it is a good place to work for the right person, however if you are looking for a major airline job Southwest and others are hiring.

Latest resources

Back