Allegiant Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Me, too...

I'm not furloughed, 17 days off, (in February!) home every night, closer to 6 figures than any past flying job, live in the sun and Allegiant looks pretty good to me... Oh, that's right, I work at Allegiant.

westward said:
I'm not furloughed, 17 days off, (in February!) home every night, closer to 6 figures than any past flying job, live in the sun and Allegiant looks pretty good to me... Oh, that's right, I work at Allegiant.

Where else can you fly into Bismark one day, Missoula the next, and then hop on over the St Louis the day after... Oh.. and carry full airplanes just about every day... OH... and have a company that makes money doing it...

You really have to look at the big(ger) picture. It's not just about money. Money alone doesn't define your net worth.

I have a couple of friends at Allegiant. They both like it. Show up for work, fly two legs, go home. Not bad. QOL trumps total compensation every time in my book. If you live in Vegas or Sanford it's a pretty good gig. $40 1st year FO pay and $80 2nd year CA pay beats any RJ job and how many of them fly two legs a day and go home every night? It's a niche job that works for a small segment of the pilot community. If it doesn't work for you, don't apply.

Hey Otto,
Glad to hear your doing well. Saw Greg in Hyannis last month he is doing well, also. The family is doing well. Cape Air is the same, some stay, most stay a short while and move on. Kate and I might be in Vegas in March for a long weekend, I'll drop you a PM, maybe we can get together.

C YA,
Sack

Sooo,
Anyone wanna walk my resume in? I mailed one a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.

Hey, Two-Time-Looser.....

FurloughedTwice said:
3rd year Furloughed guy at AA now working for Allegiant makes $80.

There are a lot of furloughed AA pilots working at Allegiant right now.

......you're getting a little too close to home for me!

The AA vs. AAY comparison: I am a better source for that. Consider this.

That pilot that got furloughed over 3 years ago was making $104 an hour jerking the gear on an MD80 for AA. If that pilot were still flying for AA would be making about $88 - $90 an hour as an MD80 F/O.

That furloughed pilot at AAY is making $80 - $85 an hour as an MD80 Captain and has been in the left seat for over 2 years.

The QOL and commuttability is still much better at AA, but if you live in LAS, life would be good.

Looks like bad pay rates, but sounds like good QOL. At least its not like some of these scum bag operators.

Capn Sac said:
Hey Otto,
Glad to hear your doing well. Saw Greg in Hyannis last month he is doing well, also. The family is doing well. Cape Air is the same, some stay, most stay a short while and move on. Kate and I might be in Vegas in March for a long weekend, I'll drop you a PM, maybe we can get together.

C YA,
Sack

Definately....... March eh? If it's over St. Patty's day I'll have a chilled bottle of Sambuca waiting for ya...... :beer:

Last edited:
FreightPup said:
Sooo,
Anyone wanna walk my resume in? I mailed one a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.

Give it some time.... They interview for classes specifically (no pool really)... Once they have a future class in the works, calls go out for the interviews... From what I know, no calls have gone out yet... I've been hearing April for the next class for about 2 months now... With that in mind, I bet calls will happen in the next couple of weeks...

Bad pay rates????

KingAirer said:
Looks like bad pay rates, but sounds like good QOL. At least its not like some of these scum bag operators.

Bad pay rates? Compared to what? Let's ask all the furloughed 'legacy carrier' guys about their current 'pay rate'. My paycheck never bounces, our management isn't whining about pilot salarys being too high and looking for concessions...
Where is your next job going to be at? Left seat 74' at United?????? Stop flame-baiting, fly the KingAir for another 3000 hours, then send us a resume, by then we'll probably own United or AA, or both.
Brian

Latest resources

Back