• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One word: Detroit

Spirit most junior captain hired: Jan 2001
Allegiant most junior captain hired: March 2005
Allegiant most junior in captain-upgrade hired: June 2005

3rd year Furloughed guy at AA now working for Allegiant makes $80.

There are a lot of furloughed AA pilots working at Allegiant right now.

Bottom line

And don't forget; one of the former AA guys is a former Spirit guy.

KingAirer said:
Can we agree that the pay rates are horrible?

Given how happy you look in the right seat of that KingAir, I'm thinking you would probably wet yourself in the right seat of an MD making $40 an hour. :D

KingAirer said:
Can we agree that the pay rates are horrible?

No, we can't agree on that. The average line nears 90 hours per month, with more time available. 90K+ a year to fly 2 legs a day and be home every night with upwards of 16-18 days off each month after 12-18 months.

Add in profit sharing that will happen sooner than later and it's that much better.

You can complain about the rates all you want. You don't need to apply here.

flypdx said:
Given how happy you look in the right seat of that KingAir, I'm thinking you would probably wet yourself in the right seat of an MD making $40 an hour. :D

:laugh:

chperplt said:
No, we can't agree on that. The average line nears 90 hours per month, with more time available. 90K+ a year to fly 2 legs a day and be home every night with upwards of 16-18 days off each month after 12-18 months.

Add in profit sharing that will happen sooner than later and it's that much better.

You can complain about the rates all you want. You don't need to apply here.

Excellent point. I finished IOE a month ago, and just bid for March. I'm 4 deep in the hard lines out of Vegas already. The hard lines averaged over 90 hours each and 14+ days off. For the month of feb, (including 24-hour call out reserve), I'll end up at my home in Denver about 16 days. (possibly more).
My family medical bene's are reasonable, the company is ALREADY matching a bit of my 401K, My "GIRLFRIEND" (not spouse) gets travel Bene's, and I will hopefully upgrade in '07 sometime.

I'm now building a house in Vegas, and by the end of this year I'll be in my own bed just about every night.... Needless to say I'm happy.... In fact I wouldn't leave here for any carrier at this time (Except possibly F9 for the DEN base; however I'm not applying)

Of course, I DID come from Mesa most recently, so I'd probably be equally happy workin' the grill at Waffle House in Topeka KS. Take that into consideration....

Latest resources

Back