Allegiant Air Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

chperplt

I didn't know which board to put this on, but the majority of Allegiant threads were on this one so here it is..

Calls are going out for interviews in the coming weeks for August and September classes (12 in each class). Absolute mins are 3000 total with prior 121 and jet time a big +. The low time in today's class was near 4000 total.

We were told that upgrade could be as little as 6-9 months for those starting this summer. According to the CP, 21 aircraft will be flying at years end with plans to add as many as 50 by the end of 07. Company made just over 6 million in profits on revenue of about 110 million last year.

If you're intersted in Allegiant, fax in a resume ASAP. 702-851-7301

Chperplt, sounds like you're looking for some seniority :)

Seriously, good luck in training, let me know how it goes

Chper,

Hey, weren't you at Comair? What happened? I see the Allegiant Air MD80s at LAS all the time. Good for you. Which base will you get and what type of flying is out of each base? I guess Reno and Laughlin are mainly charter bases?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
GL,

I spent the last year and a half at Comair. Great group of people over there!!!

I should get the Vegas base which will make my commute all of 10 minutes!

The Vegas and Orlando bases do scheduled out and backs. Reno and Laughlin do charter work for Harras Entertainment.

General Lee said:
Chper,

Hey, weren't you at Comair? What happened?

He's positioning himself for one of those choice $67/hr MD-80 Captain jobs as opposed to one of those choice $67/hr RJ Captain jobs.

Yank McCobb said:
He's positioning himself for one of those choice $67/hr MD-80 Captain jobs as opposed to one of those choice $67/hr RJ Captain jobs.

Oh boy, here we go.

sayagain?

He's positioning himself to commute by CAR.

What you NON-furloughed major airline folks seem to forget is that the game has CHANGED for the rest of us.

The furloughed guys realize that they're not likely to go back to the airlines they were furloughed from (at least for a long, long time)

The "regional" guys realize that they're not likely to get hired by a major (at least for a long, long time)

So what guys like Chperplt are doing is setting themselves up for a lifestyle improvement -- even if it's lateral in terms of earnings. He's going to be home in his own bed most nights. No more commute.

Thats priceless.

(I feel strongly about it because I made almost the same decision!)

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back