• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

allegheny sim time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What was little hitlers name and where did he go? I remember him sitting in the crew room with his checklist and stopwatch seeing if you were a second late for show time. I think he knew how much everyone hated him.

He is still there...he might still be a Check Airman...not sure...and the running joke was being written up for long nose hair. :laugh:

T8

If I remember correctly, post 9/11/01, we were in the downsizing mode, FSI YYZ was replacing "old No.1" (remember the Teleflex hand held!!?) and in 2002, we mostly used the CLT Sim. I don't remember if we used FSI ATL at all.

T8

Not quite, because I was a new-hire in Dec 2001. I was supposed to start Sep 14 or 15, but it was delayed.......

Anyway, I did all of my training in FSI ATL. Eight sims, the checkride, a LOFT, then off to SCE for Flight Training for a night, then over to ABE for my Flight Checkride. A great short ride, it was.

Unfortunately, I was 1 short of furlough after the first JUL02 wave of 70 furloughs. Pike called me himself to tell me to find another job because I wouldn't survive the next wave in DEC02. I miss the Dash.

LTG

Last edited:
Yeah, Pike called me also to let me know about the furlough. Class act.

Remember crew meals on the dash? Fond memories:)

Yeah, Pike called me also to let me know about the furlough. Class act.

Remember crew meals on the dash? Fond memories:)

Yup, that and the meal vouchers if we didn't get the required break within 6 hours for food!!!!!

Milk it baby, milk it......

LTG

As a new hire there back in the day, I remember not understanding why people were so concerned about "we need to block in later than xx". Little did I know, at that point, they were eyeing the clock to get a free lunch. Once I got a clue, I was all about it. Those 10 dollar vouchers were sure nice. And before some vendors starting cracking down on checking the date (remember the carbon trick?!), you could stockpile them and buy yourself a really nice dinner somewhere.

And I seem to remember that ATL sim as being a little tougher than the CLT, SEA, and YYZ sims. It had the weird panel to accomodate the EFIS screen plug-in, but it created a large gap when the steam gauges were installed. Hence the airspeed indicator was a little more to the left, and completely blocked from view with the yoke turned to the side during a V1 cut.

I only got YYZ and CLT sims. I felt that ALG training was pretty anal although that is all I knew at the time. I feel like training is more relaxed at most other airlines.

Speaking of old pricks, what ever happened to that mustached "M. Stromboli" and some of those other guys floating effortlessly back and forth between management positions at ALG, Mid Atlantic and/or Mainline?

How about those hot crew meals in HTS? ALG was pretty dysfunctional but they got a few things right.

I only got YYZ and CLT sims. I felt that ALG training was pretty anal although that is all I knew at the time. I feel like training is more relaxed at most other airlines.

Speaking of old pricks, what ever happened to that mustached "M. Stromboli" and some of those other guys floating effortlessly back and forth between management positions at ALG, Mid Atlantic and/or Mainline?

How about those hot crew meals in HTS? ALG was pretty dysfunctional but they got a few things right.

MS is DO at PDT...after being DO for MDA.

CB is in FL at RAA as DOT.

KR is in the train industry in central PA, racing cars, out of aviation, enjoying his kids.

DH is in flight services manager at PSA after being in the same position at Repblic's SA.

Actually, I recently had a PDT FO on my jumpseat, and was told that Pike is now the DO at PDT, and that MS has gone back to the line. Anyone want to verify this????

Actually, I recently had a PDT FO on my jumpseat, and was told that Pike is now the DO at PDT, and that MS has gone back to the line. Anyone want to verify this????

Yup..you're right. MS is now VP of Ops or something...I think. :erm:

T8

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back