Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All you sons a bitches want to live forever?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some of the finest soldiers I ever served with began their military careers as Marines!

"(Screw) the ACLU!"

The above quote was attributed to COL Jack Fessender, spokesman for the Commandant, USMC when asked about the ACLU's response to a picture of Marines bowing their heads in prayer.

Slim,

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/a/aclu-marines.htm

Your profile lists "both" for aviation experience...so I'm going to assume that you have served in the military. Even if you haven't, and your exposure to the military extends no further than watching war movies and M*A*S*H on TV, you oughta know a couple of things:

1. The military actually hires religious personnel to conduct parayers and services for military members. (They call them "Chaplains")
2. The military actually encourages prayer at official functions. While on Active Duty (and Reserves) in the Marine Corps, I never attended a Mess NIght, Dining In, Change of Command, oir other formal military gathering that didn't start with a prayer led by a Chaplain.

If you're gonna state it with conviction, you should get it right.

S/F

Happy Birthday

My Fellow brothers in arms.

"Swinging with the wing" 1979-1983.

Travel to exocitc lands, meet interesting people, then kill them!

Peace through superior firepower!

S/F

IronMan

Last edited:
I appreciate the correction. My "source" has never made an error like that before and I have never seen the website you referred me to.:0

I served 20+ years and am well aware of the chaplain's role in the military. One of my best friends is the state chaplain for the OH National Guard and I am trying to help a coworker talk to my friend so that he can return to the military as a chaplain.

Latest resources

Back