All the best...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

G200_PILOT

I rarely visit this site and hardly ever post unless it's to get under someone's skin(;) ) but for some reason, I was drawn to come check out this section of the forum. Being a ten year captain at NJA, I feel fairly safe right now but with the economy being what it is, for the first time ever, I have started to think about what I would do if I lost my job tomorrow. I'm completely terrified of the thought.

That being the case, I started thinking about all of you that are living this nightmare that I occasionally have. I can't even begin to imagine the hardships that you all are going through. I can't imagine how hard it must be on your families. I'm not on the hiring committee over here so there's nothing much I can do here. I wish there WAS something I could do to help you all.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers go out to each and every one of you and I really hope that your careers somehow get back on track real soon. I wish all of you the absolute best in the future and hope to see all of you in a cockpit in the very near future.

Good luck to you all and do what you can to have a somewhat good holiday season.

Thanks G200,

I think it is great that you are in the position you are in. Be VERY VERY thankful! Its REALLY rough out there!

I know first hand how a job loss can emotionally and finacially devestate you. I got a little lucky by taking out some mortgage insurance and had some savings, but its tough to go from 100k to 0 in short order.

In my 20 years of flying I have NEVER seen it this bad out there! Domestically its a complete mess! I would imagine theres going to be alot of people who are simply going to throw up their hands and give up by being (fired, furloughed, etc.) for the second time. Many will go do something else (IF THEY CAN!!!).

The rest of us are just surviving. I personally am flight instructing (at greatly reduced pay). I dont know how long that will last, just trying to hang on until things improve. (And yes I have my NetJets application in already in July).

Have a Merry Christmas and thank you for the support!!

Keep the dirty side down! :)

Latest resources

Back