All Regionals Need To Support Chautauqua

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WOO HOO! :)

<------- Transparent GIF to follow as soon as I get home to fix this one. :)

Last edited:
You CHQ guys on here are impressing me with your stand on this. I hope the rest of your group has the same stance and resolve as those who are posting on here. Your group is disliked by others for various reasons, mostly due to your management's tactics to screw things up for the rest of us. If you guys stand up to them you will win a lot of respect and raise the bar for us all, something that hasn't been done in a while. I think the rest of us dislike your management almost as much as you do right now. Give them a little swat for us while you're at it.

You have my support, fight the good fight, and don't let them divide you and scare you. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help.

Hypothetical Scenario

Wexford and Shuttle Amer. come to an agreement for continued ops. and Jets. Wexford decides that Republic is moving too slow in aquiring a certificate. Wexford drops the Shuttle name and becomes Republic. How do CHQ. guys respond to Shuttle Pilots?

One of the many possibilities I guess.

There is only one long term solution for the Shuttle, CHQ, (potentially) Republic pilots...a single senority list for hiring purposes...
Essentially, this is how it would work...all Wexford owned entities would have a single, date of hire list. All existing individual lists would be used for their respective certificate aircraft, for day to day operations. In the event of furlough at one entity, and growth at another, pilots hired would have to come from the master (combined) list, and upon arriving at the new carrier, would have senority based on Wexford seniority.

Scope is pointless. It has been compromised more than a White House intern. We cannot contractually guarentee growth. What we can do to stop whipsawing is to remove the threat of furlough...if you grow Republic at Shuttle or CHQ's expense, so what? At the end of the day, the most junior CHQ or SA pilot would be senior to the most senior Republic one, and when he arrives at his new carrier, he doesn't start from day one.

Something like this should have been done on both a carrier and industry wide level, but that's another story...

Last edited:
AceCrackshot said:
There is only one long term solution for the Shuttle, CHQ, (potentially) Republic pilots...a single senority list for hiring purposes...Something like this should have been done on both a carrier and industry wide level, but that's another story...
You are exactly right. Push the Teamsters for a single carrier petition.

"You are exactly right. Push the Teamsters for a single carrier petition."

A single Carrier petition is a RECOGNITION that CHQ and ex: Republic is represented by same union. It does not do much more than that. It does not automatically combine contracts/ seniority lists etc,etc unless you management agrees to that......

What you people need is solid scope ( combined seniority list and scope ) and good successorship language.
The question is: will your management offer it, and what would you have to give in return.........

Fat Chance I think

I don't think Wexford will let this happen. They are pinning one against the other right now and they want that to continue. As a pilot for SA I am open to the possibility of merging but only with the right agreement. Date of hire? NO WAY. 5 to 1 till date of hire matches, maybe. I guess we'll see what happens.

What you people need is solid scope ( combined seniority list and scope ) and good successorship language.
The question is: will your management offer it, and what would you have to give in return.........

ask any Mesa pilot what they gave up.....a lot.

Bannana, What do you mean by 5 to 1 until hire date matches??

means that when you merge the seniority lists five CHQ guys are listed for every one Shuttle or republick sellout then the new hires come onboard after the intergrated list is recognized by the holding company.

I'd stick all republick on the bottom

Latest resources

Back