All Regionals Need To Support Chautauqua

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kommutrdog

With CHQ pilots facing the definite possibility of being whip-sawed Mesa-style, each and every single regional carrier pilot group needs to offer their support in CHQs upcoming fight.

The threat is looming that their pilot goup is gonna be threatened with "sign here or all flying goes to Republic". Mesa pilots caved. Everything that the Comair guys gained by placing their livelyhood on the line and putting themselves through financial hardship was all pissed away. People say that the Mesa pilots were afraid for their jobs...well, it never is a good time to risk your job and take a stand.

The CHQ pilots MUST HOLD THE LINE !!! Perhaps there can be some sort of voluntary strike assesment for that pilot group from ALPO carriers. Even though CHQ are Teamsters, WE ALL HAVE A DOG IN THEIR FIGHT. It will be a lot easier for CHQ to make the vital stand and give management the finger when threatened with Republic, IF WE ALL GIVE SUPPORT AND FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE.

I sent my check to ALPO every month during the Comair strike, and I will definitely be cutting a check if CHQ goes on strike, even though it's not my union.

Like I said before, CHQ must hold the line and not cave. Their fight is our fight.

Cry Havoc !!

Last edited:
Your absolutely right! The squemish need not apply! There are many TA's out on the table now. United we stand, divided we fall!

We don't need wannabe prison beoootches caving in on idle threats! Many are ponding "hmmm maybe if I take a cut I'll be able to fly a bigger airplane in the near future". It's the oldest trick in the book for negotiating tactics.

We don't need union bustin' crews flying for taco bell wages...what we need is for regional airline pilots to stand together to protect our wages and to protect the honor of our profession! It's no wonder, that regional pilots aren't respected in the terminal! We get treated like dirt and it's got to stop...why not stop it here and now! Protect our wages and let's keep what little dignity we have.

Don't be a BEOOOOTCH...support CHQ!

house

Right on brother, thanks for the support, I see you understand how important this is to EVERYONE. I hope others will to, we must stop the race to the bottom, all of us.

I, along with many others at CHQ, are ready to walk away- if it comes to it. We are not any of those "at least I have a job" pussies, I worked to hard to be treated this way. I will get a job making 2x that most of us in this industry do(Capt)- I did it last time chq "fired" me. (I'll still be able to fly(afford) like we all love, only then it will truly be for pleasure.)

The line is being drawn in the sand.

( I will not cross it, and I'm trying to hold back as many of my brethren as I can.) To many of you have already caved in, how sad it is. The folowing is a statement aimed directly at you:

FA-Q

B

Last edited:
hey CHQ GUYS,
i hope you guys understand the gravity of the situation you are in. all will be looking at how you all vote. mgt. and fellow pilots!
trust me as a "wholly owned" pilot we all support you. i am of course speaking for myself, however, i am sure alot of us feel as i do.
nobody is getting rich in this regional world. all we want is a respectable living and work rules that let us have a life! the ball is in your court not only for you but for others as well. i support you all 101%. if the day come when we may need yours, i hope you will too.

BEST OF LUCK
HOLD THE LINE
D

On behalf of the Chautauqua pilots, I offer sincere thanks. Language fails to convey magnitude of the boost provided by the support we are getting from our colleagues with the other carriers.

The CHQ group is so fired up you wouldn't believe it. We have the obligatory threats of liquidation to which we are responding with "Go for it!" We doubt they will, but they might, and we know it. Does that scare us? Darn tootin' it does, but it won't stop us. We respectfully decline to participate in the race to the bottom.

It is gratifying to see the support offered by pilot groups outside CHQ. Rest assured that one way or another we will lay for you a foundation upon which all the regional pilots can build a better future. Whether that foundation is built with a contract or our carcasses remains to be seen. In either case, what we WILL NOT do is accelerate the drop in QOL that has become rampant. Indeed it is our goal to reverse it; first, of course for ourselves, but with the secondary benefit of setting a precedent for all of you.

Do not forget, however that Shuttle America is in need of your support as well. Those guys have their own very immediate issues with Wexford; issues that are intimately intertwined with the issues at CHQ and therefore equally intertwined with your futures as well. It may not be as dramatic as a strike threat, but it is none the less a part of the whole. They are in a fight for their livelihoods also and the outcome of their problems affects the entire industry too.

The SA and CHQ union leadership are in discussion over these matters and are working cooperatively against the common adversary.

Thank you again for the show of support. We will not let you down.

Last edited:
What you can do

CHQ/SA are carrying the flag

<-----------(see left)

This is an opportunity. There has been talk for years about cooperation between all the regionals. We now have a rallying point.

If we got all, or even half, of the regional MEC's in the same room together the whole would most definitely exceed the sum of the parts. Please contact your union leadership.

Congratulations on your stand. I admire your courage and respect your efforts. We've been there, know what you are going through and I am certain we will support your effort.

Now, if we could only convince the pilots of ACO and SkyWest to follow your lead and hold the line, we might reverse the plunge to the bottom.

Best wishes and please let us know what we can do to help.

Whatever it takes,
Surplus1

You guys have my full support! I will carry and disburse a list of Republic pilots just as I do of the Freedom Air guys. I just wish we were under the same union banner so I could support you financialy. Give em hell!

chperplt

Our BOS base is still open...for now. Most trips from BOS go through CVG, so there's no escaping...

Latest resources

Back