• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All I can say is...WOW!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was up at a jump zone up at v489 by coate in the NY area. Most of you guys hear them going as bluesky1.

Well i happen to be in the area so i stopped by. They were playing this tape of this tandem jump and during the jump a Continental 757 went right by the. The figure the time from the impact was less than half a second. There is no doubt the cockpit saw them because they fell right infront of them.

Now that was a video.

NoPax said:
That was a Chipmunk, an old RAF trainer used at University Air Squadron's in the UK, so the likelyhood of the two pilots inside (assuming it wasn't a solo) looking outside for a jumper is remote.

Chipmunks have been out of commission for quite a while now - maybe 8-9 years. (it was also the first airplane I got to take a ride in).

I was once told of a midair between a jumper and a Warrior...the jumper broke his ankle, and the warrior suffered damage to the stabilator, and crashed.

stabilator damage is kind of an understatement. The jumper knocked the stabilator clean off.

I opened once with a 172 bearing down on me, you could hear it coming. He saw me and made and made quick bank to avoid me, so with nothing left to do but wave I gave the guy both middle fingers. You should have seen the look on that Elmer Fudd's face! :eek:

In these cases, do you think those guys are making mental note to stay the hell off the top of dropzones in the future?

Say Again Over said:
Look at the weather they were jumping through, typical jump operation, lucky for the jump pilot that there wasn't a fatality.:rolleyes:

Yeah....those damm skydivers....jump out below the clouds, with nothing between them and the ground but clear sky...how much more stupid can you get?! :rolleyes:

Capt Frac

To the average person it may appear as you say,

[Yeah....those damm skydivers....jump out below the clouds, with nothing between them and the ground but clear sky...how much more stupid can you get?! :rolleyes:/QUOTE]

I have more than 2000 skydives, many wearing two different types of cameras, the short clip I looked at begins at the break off altitude (That jump probably began around 14,000 ft), at many large drop zones spotting is accomplished by the pilot by means of a GPS receiver for obvious reasons, take another look at the sky conditions, the jumper is probably 1800 - 2000 ft.

Cheers:beer:

I have more than 2000 skydives, many wearing two different types of cameras, the short clip I looked at begins at the break off altitude (That jump probably began around 14,000 ft), at many large drop zones spotting is accomplished by the pilot by means of a GPS receiver for obvious reasons, take another look at the sky conditions, the jumper is probably 1800 - 2000 ft.

Ah...yeah.

Frac Capt is a skydiver, and in case you didn't notice (you didn't), his comment was intended as ironic. Tongue in cheeck. Humor. Sarcasm.

I think he understood, perfectly, hence his commentary worded the way it is.

I wouldn't worry about it...he was doing what you were doing...the sport benifits by enhancing public understanding, and the sport is often misunderstood. Especially in the aviation community. It's a safe, legitimate sport, and a legitimate and genuine part of the aviation community. Explaining that is never a bad thing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back