All Good at Air Wis

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Habib

Not that I am out here to rip Airlines, but all that I read are good things about Air Wis. Does anyone have anything bad to say about the airline. Maybe it is just odd to see a good Regional after all the bad things posted about others.

Where is the junior Base, ATL?

The airline itself is great to work for...good work rules, pay and alot of other good contract areas.

However with the uncertainty at United and United's wish to destroy the loyalty of what little faithful customers they have left, I do fear the F word. I believe that United will continue to award flying to bottom feeder airlines like Mesa, instead of using a quality product that is offered by the current UEX carriers (the product that I am talking about is the airline as a whole, not the pilots)

While Air Wis management has said that they are seeking to find other codeshare partners, I have little faith for the short term.

All that being said i still like to go to work.

AWAC is an outstanding company to work for, and the group both pilots and flight attendants are top notch. I come across the concept of UAL fading into the sunset on many of my trips. It has become rather routine to discuss this situation. First, UAL could close the doors today and the effect it would have on us is not as most would think. NWA, CAL, DAL, AA one of them would step in and pick up those markets asap and who is already in position to provide feed? AWAC, Skywest and ACA. No matter who steps in someone will have to feed those carriers and none of them could afford not to use us nor could their respective express carriers pick up the load it would create. Now maybe four or five years down the line when their express carriers begun to take more deliveries of a/c then maybe they could weed out those carriers already in position but I sincerely doubt it. Bottom line AWAC is here to stay no matter who they (WE) fly for.

WD.

Hi!

I've been on this board about 2.5 years, and AWAC, SkyWest, and SWA are the only airlines that I basically didn't read anything negative about.

I've heard negative stuff about UAL/AA/Delta, etc., and this was way before 9.11.

At AWAC there was a little grumbling during the contract negotiations and vote to strike situation, but that was very minor.

Their mgmt finalized the pilots' contract about 15" past the strike deadline, and the strike didn't occur. All 3 of the above are great airlines to fly for. AWAC does have a significantly better contract than SkyWest, if you're considering between the two.

Cliff
GRB

ATPCliff,

What bad stuff did you hear about Delta pre-9-11? We fly nice equipment all over the world and are the highest paid. Can you tell me some of the negatives? Yes, we are hurting a little right now, but we are the analysts' favorite to survive and we are still the highest paid---even if we do take a pay cut eventually. Everyone I fly with enjoys the job, and we are supporting our furloughs by paying for their COBRA payments and trying to secure them some CRJ70 seats coming up here soon. When this war ends and the economy returns, Delta will one of the few survivors that can expand, and we will. So Cliff, tell me again some of the negatives? Too much pay for you? You don't like 777's? What?

Bye Bye---General Lee:mad: :cool: ;) :p

Hi!

I personally think Delta's great and would love to fly for them. You can rest assured if I flew for Delta I wouldn't post negative stuff about them on the internet.

I did, however, read a number of negative posts regarding Delta (and UAL,AA,Continental, ATA, etc., etc.-just about every airline there is, except AWAC, SkyWest and SWA).

Most of the negative stuff I read about Delta concerned pilot-management relationships, contracts, scope-stuff like that. I have come to realize that there are certain people who generally complain a lot about their situation.

I think that AWAC, SkyWest and SWA must be unbelievably great, because I HAVEN't read negative stuff, and I'd think they'd get as many whiners there as elsewhere-maybe not.

At my airline, a number of people complain about a lot of stuff. I think it's great to work here, and we're light years away from what flying for Delta would be.

I hope you're enjoying Delta!

Cliff
GRB

PS-One of my history professors at Auburn was commissioned by Delta to write a history of the airline (1980-84 timeframe). We studied Delta in one of his classes and I bought his book. I thought Delta was great, and they were my first choice of any airline.

Hey General, not to get into a pissing match but I think the analysts chose NWA and CAL to come out first and on top after all of this non-sense. No matter, DAL is still one if the best major carriers in the country.

WD.

Whisky Driver,

I am not going to get in a pissing contest with you, I hope everyone comes out on top after this is all over. I was referring to a USAToday article a couple months back when the author called Delta the "Analysts' favorite." If you look at the current gas prices and the amount of hedging each airlines have, I think Delta is now doing better than both NW and CO---but I am sure they all will probably survive this harsh time. (Hey, we are all codeshare partners anyways....)

ATP Cliff,

I wasn't trying to jump down your throat, and I apologize if it sounded like it. The bad feelings you have heard about between the Delta pilots and management probably occurred during the contract negotiations for the 2000 contract. Management never wants to give up too much money, and pilots always want more. The reason you haven't heard too much about Southwest is because they have a 10 year contract (that I believe was just extended two years?). I have heard that they have a pretty good relationship with their management---which is great. Their balance sheet is very impressive---which is important, especially today. We at Delta have started to look at negotiations with management and will help if needed.

Bye Bye---General Lee:rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back