• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All ATPs ATP 2 day crs in PHX?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I answered this where you posted it in the General forum.

Labbats, that is pretty darn funny. Redeye, just post thing in one spot and people will see them. No need to clutter the forums.

I instructed at IWA for ATP for just under a year. I did a whole lot of those 2 day ATP programs. Keep in mind, it is really a one day program as the only thing happening on your second day is the checkride. The moral of that story is that the student has to come in prepaired and knowing everything that is in the book ATP sends out ahead of time. Also the ATP ride is an instrument ride (if the applicant isn't centerline thrust restricted the only time they will be out from under the hood is below mins on the approaches). Over all, if you are up on your instrument skills and have a good working knowledge of the garmin 430 (or are able to learn it quickly the first day) the flight check portion isn't hard. You'll get 2 flight up to 2 hours each to get used to the aircraft and learn the manuevers (and it's been a while but if I recall.... an aborted takoff, some sort of departure procedure which when I taught was intercepting a radial and holding x DME, a departure engine failure, a steep turn at 45 degrees either 2 180s or 1 360, 2 approach to stalls in different configurations which only go to the first sign of the stall horn, an emergency decent, an engine failure, shutdown, secure and restart, a SE ILS to land and a normal ILS to go around, A VOR go published missed and then a GPS to circle to a full stop). I may be forgetting something there, but I think that is it for the flight check. Most of the DEs are pretty forgiving as far as flying goes as they know you only have a few hours in the airplane. However, turning the wrong way in the hold, busting the emergency decsent altitude and going below mins are things that will get you busted. The oral really depends on the DE. They are pretty well gauged out by the instructor so you should be in good shape. When I was there there was one DE that would ask about 10 questions and the oral (including paperwork) took about 20 min. However, if you got 2 or more of those questions wrong, you were done. There was another DE that took about 3 hours for his oral, but gave mostly situational questions which would make the applicant think and gave the DE more ability to judge the applicant fairly. I don't know the instructors who are there now, but I am sure they are commpitent. Just remember, you aren't going there to learn new skills. You should already have them. You are going there to learn what is required for the checkride and how to do it in the Seminole. Good luck.

Sorry for the long post. Sitting reserve does tend to give me too much time on my hands.

I concidered going to All ATP's to get my ATP but decided against it, instead going to Shebles @ IGM. I was very glad that I did. Shebles is a way more relaxed atmosphere and a whole lot less stress. The price is about the same and if you don't have any major screw up you will leave as an ATP. It helps if you are instrument current and proficient. Do a search on them, most of the comments are good. It's about a two and a half hour drive from PHX, I thought it was well worth it.

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn man yall are pretty boring. why dont you talk about something intresting like getting yourself husbands you gay freaks

Nethan, could you tell me what’s the over all passing rate at all ATP for the ATP ratting? I am thinking to get my ATP ratting there sometimes next year. Currently I am a CL-65 right side driver, don’t think I will become the left side driver any time soon, don’t have any Garmin 430 experience, I also saved some hard earning money, and like to turn that money into an ATP ticket. Thanks

ubpilot said:
Nethan, could you tell me what’s the over all passing rate at all ATP for the ATP ratting? I am thinking to get my ATP ratting there sometimes next year. Currently I am a CL-65 right side driver, don’t think I will become the left side driver any time soon, don’t have any Garmin 430 experience, I also saved some hard earning money, and like to turn that money into an ATP ticket. Thanks[/quote

company wide ive heard its about 80%.

Latest resources

Back