All ATP flight school=Joke

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

scarlet

ATP has a phone interview with private pilots to come to their AIRLINE CAREER PILOt PROGRAM....

A guy doing the interview the other day, ask for definition of lift, my friend stated the definition, the interviewer told him it was incorrect, (Low pressure on top high on the bottom of wing) The ATP guy laughed at him on the phone.-- that is very unprofessional!!

I would recommend ATP to no - one!!!! They wanted him to pay 5,000.00 for a refresher course, and this friend just got his private last month and received a 86 on his written, so come on guys get a break....I will tell everyone not to receive training from you guys!!!!

I called them up and questioned them about their CFI program, I was not impressed they only offerd 1 CFI package Includes CFI, CFII & MEI their attitude was take the entire package or they offer nothing!

I never tried to do their career program but I recently did their multi course. The course is 4 days long and my instructor was gone on checkrides most of the time. I had to get in 6 hours of time as it was required since I had paid for it. We ended up flying the third day for 4 hours because we didn't have the time in. I ended up having to shoot my instrument approaches at night and that was the first time I had done anything instrument throughout the rating. I ended up being at the airport til 1AM that night so that we could fill out the 8710 and do all of the endorsements.

I found the program to be very unorganized and they had a lack of staff that week. The program is a lot of self study and if you aren't prepared to do most of it yourself, this place isn't for you. They will get you done very quickly but it will be on your shoulders a lot of the way in order to make sure you're ready. If you're not prepared for that or you like the one on one help, I would recommend you go elsewhere and not even consider this place.

If you can handle studying on your own then ATP is a great option for anyone who wants a rating fast. I did my II & MEI at ATP and It was very difficult but well worth it for two ratings in 4 days.

All Atp Scamm

PA28 Freight said:
If you can handle studying on your own then ATP is a great option for anyone who wants a rating fast. I did my II & MEI at ATP and It was very difficult but well worth it for two ratings in 4 days.

These "Career Programs" are all a over priced scams!. Call it All ATP, Comair Academy, American Flyers; they are all the same whore in a different dress. Just stay with your mom and pop flight school, support local instructors at your home base, get your instructors certificate and pay your dues. You will be ahead in money and experience.

aeronautic1 said:
Just stay with your mom and pop flight school, support local instructors at your home base, get your instructors certificate and pay your dues. You will be ahead in money and experience.

Amen!

-Goose

I'd agree with you aeronautic1. I took my first real flying lesson 4/25/01 & got my CFI on 8/28/01. I did this not at Comair, Riddle, or any of the "Big Name, Big Bucks" - ehem..academies. I've been flying jets for a little over 2 years not because of where I got my ratings, but because I busted my a** and my wife made a lot of sacrifices while I instructed for a little over a year. Having a good positive attitude helped! I'm sure it also helped that I moved to AZ (due to great weather) for those long months with no job except to learn how to fly. The place was a small school and I came out with around $23K invested. Not cheap, but not overpriced like others were. Do yourself a favor and find a good CFI - that's really what it takes. Just my .02.

P.S. Did the 'guy' doing the interview still have wet ink on his certificate??

Well, looking back in my log book I averaged around 7.5 per day. A few days during my commercial training, I did a couple of the lessons back to back - the 141 syllabus had solo x/c stuff, so I'd do as many as I could. A few days I did like 10 & 12 hour days!! But, like I said - my only job was to learn how to fly. Not a lot of people have that opportunity. I have an extremely supportive wife, which is a God send now that I'm flying jet charters!!

aeronautic1 said:
These "Career Programs" are all a over priced scams!. Call it All ATP, Comair Academy, American Flyers; they are all the same whore in a different dress. Just stay with your mom and pop flight school, support local instructors at your home base, get your instructors certificate and pay your dues. You will be ahead in money and experience.

One of the best posts I have ever seen in this board...

Latest resources

Back