• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

All about the CRJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Marinegrunt-Thank you for your service to our country.
Your biggest challange in the RJ will be:
If your in the right seat...taking orders from a 20-something year old kid while he puts everyone else at risk.
If your in the left seat...keeping an eye on that same kid because he's constantly pulling out the FOM to question your every decision.

I am one of those reduce at 100 and idle by 50' starting to flare at 50. Will usually put it on the marks and will grease on... especially if you side load it a bit.

I do the same in the 200 and it works great.

In the 700 I keep approach power untill 30 ft, then go idle and give it a nice flare which allows it to roll on nice without using to much runway. Ive done my fair share of experimenting with landing the 700 and this works best for me. I have also seen guys pull the power at 50 ft and it usually works great. I have personally tried this and made it work sometimes!

FF around 1400/side or so with adjustments for wind, instead of watching N1 for approach power will usually keep you on profile.

I agree with the thrust levers slowly closing from 100' to 50' with greasers more often than not.

Just before touchdown, bump the thrust levers off the stops to keep GLDs from robbing you from a true greaser. Once you're down, pull 'em back to the stops for GLD deployment. Used usually on dry, long runways.

Don't slam TRs closed @70KTS, bring 'em to idle (<30%) 'till turning off to prevent the 70KT 'kick.' CAs, let your FOs slow the airplane, and maybe even let them turn off the high-speed. Don't be so eager to take the brakes at 70!

Add FFs for target IAS in level flight. Usually pretty close.

1900FPM down in VS Mode @10000' will usually keep you @250KIAS

If you have to make a crossing AND, say 250 KIAS while descending at 320, target yourself to level 6NM prior to the fix and the CRJ will have slowed to 250 by the crossing...at flight idle, of course. If it's summer and the cabin is warm, start your descent a little further out, keep it a little shallower and keep the N2s up enough to keep the air flowing in the back!

Double-pushing the PERF key on the FMS will take you to the page to enable vertical nav guidance, rather than pushing PERF, then the perf init LS key.

FOs, after landing punch in the last 2 digits from the hobbs into the FMS scratchpad so the CA doesn't have to lean over to get it while your on your walk-around.

I don't have that one written down. What wondrous CASS message does that dump?

If my rusty thing I call a brain serves me, it will reset the flap controllers when you get that nasty flap fail message. 1f4 is for the ch 1 controller and 2f4 is for the ch 2 controller. Each is powered by its respective DC Bus.

landing the 200, my technique is at the 100 foot call start slowly pulling the power back, and at 50 pull out the rest. Start to round out just after the 20 call and let it settle. "Grease" it everytime.

the 700...whole new subject. At 50 feet I start to pull the power and at 30 I go to flight idle and start the flare, (about 1.5 degree nose up from the approach path). Seems to work like a charm.

Latest resources

Back