• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alien worlds

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
have been below the sea and above the earth. I have visited alien worlds since I was a teen. All these experiences have taught me that life offers adventure to all who ask it. Learning to SCUBA dive was my first awakening and flying above the earth was my second. If life does not offer challenges, then no challenges exist. I do not feel special or in a place of honor, as many came before me. However, in my life these things were significant to a grand scale. I have come to know that there is much that I don’t know and long to learn. I have never jumped as my grandfather did from an airplane with nothing but a silk parachute to save my life. He jumped in to enemy territory with little more that a rifle and his wits to save his life. I have never flown into combat in a B-25 as my great uncle did. All my experience has been in a time of peace. Had I lived in those days of chaos I would have followed my ancestors. I have learned that fear is an irrational emotion when knowledge is available. In that I am fortunate. Those that came before me did not have that luxury. God bless America and all lands that embrace freedom.

Not to burst you bubble on the book promo.

But does anyone remember that guy -I think he was an Australian. This guy could tell a story! He blogged flying stories of his past during the mid-seventies to the late eighties. This covered flying from the forests of New Zealand to the Artic Circle all the way to the beaches of Thailand. This guy was the last of his breed. He was the guy who jumped is some welded together POS fresh from the junk yard and got the *ucking job done. No worrying about paperwork the company or the FAA could hang you on….

Just got up in the air for the pure *ucking fun of it. The pay check was just a perk…

In the end he was at home in Vancouver fighting terminal cancer and I lost track of his posts.

Somebody hook a brother airman up…I could use a lift right about now.

Mesaserf.

You're talking about Duke Elegant, I believe.

You can do it without the language, too.

Latest resources

Back