• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Air Arctic is a Navajo operation owned by Northern Alaska Tour Company. This flying used to be done under contract by Frontier Flying Service, until NATC got their own 135 certificate a few years ago. I flew on this contract one summer when Frontier still had it; flying tourists to Deadhorse, Anaktuvik Pass and Coldfoot. The highlight was the evening tour to Coldfoot- we had about 3 hours on the ground there, and could enjoy the all you can eat prime rib buffet at the lodge every night.

The owners of NATC are great guys, and I'd recommend this operation if you are looking for something like this

I can't say enough about my experience flying in Alaska. Just like an above poster said it was the best job he's had. I totally agree. Flying there is very rewarding and you won't realize it until you take one of the many boring jobs in the lower 48.

I'm not sure what the current hiring climate is but if you're standing there and they need someone you will get a shot (providing you meet the mins). It may cost you some dough but I bet you can pull it off. Best of luck to you.

This was in the Anchorage Daily News recently.

PILOT IN COMMAND. Regional airline recruiting 135 Pilot In Command (PIC) positions. ATP+ 500 Alaska time required. Ground school starts in September. Wage and schedule negotiable. 121 FIRST OFFICERS. Open positions for First Officers based in Anchorage. Minimum requirements: 1000 hours; Commercial, instrument and MEL ratings. Competitive wages + excellent benefit package. Email resumes to: [Click here for email]. For more info contact Ruth Davis, Human Resources Director at [Click here for email] or 907-771-2523 or fax 907-771-2664 Equal Opportunity Employer

Penair in case your wondering...

Grant Aviation, Hagaland and Artic Circle are in need of pilots right now. Grant starts a ground school on Monday the 6th. I f you have some multi, check out Penn Air and Era Aviation in Anchorage, they need FO’s for their metro’s and BE1900’s.

Contact Chris or Julie @ [email protected] they are looking for a 206 pilot to fly in and out of gravel strip Whitehorse/Anc/Yukon area. $1,000 a week seasonal.

PILOT IN COMMAND. Regional airline recruiting 135 Pilot In Command (PIC) positions. ATP+ 500 Alaska time required. Ground school starts in September. Wage and schedule negotiable. 121 FIRST OFFICERS. Open positions for First Officers based in Anchorage. Minimum requirements: 1000 hours; Commercial, instrument and MEL ratings. Competitive wages + excellent benefit package. Email resumes to: [Click here for email]. For more info contact Ruth Davis, Human Resources Director at [Click here for email] or 907-771-2523 or fax 907-771-2664 Equal Opportunity Employer

Penair in case your wondering...
F/O Mins have been lowered to 700 hours. http://www.penair.com/careers.html

Lots of good intel there guys, keep it coming cause I'm still looking. That PenAir site sure looks good. Are there any PenAir guys on this thread? Anybody know about the operation? Any other companies that look like good career choices? I'm not looking to go to the biggies but would like to find a nice place to settle in. Thanks.

Cub

I'm an ex-Penair guy! Super place to work. I was a 135 pilot, but the 121 is a cool gig as well. . .Flying fish is a Penair pilot as well!

Yeah, not a bad place to work if you can stay outta the politics. Real stablecompany. The pay is OK and the benies OK on top of that, your home every night. All in all not a bad place to hang your hat for a while.

Yeah, not a bad place to work if you can stay outta the politics. Real stablecompany. The pay is OK and the benies OK on top of that, your home every night. All in all not a bad place to hang your hat for a while.

Tell Charlie I said its about time for him get back in the Cherokee.

Latest resources

Back