• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AT43

Does anyone know how Alaska pays during training? Is it
normal 1st year pay and per diem? And do they put you in a
hotel during training or is that up to you?

Thanks

Normal pay which works out to something like 44K/first year and per diem.
They consider you assigned to SEA while you are in training and as a result, they do not pay for the hotel while you are in training.

Anyone know what most non seattleites do? Any cheap places around there to stay. Maybe hotels by the week or something?

Thanks

try www.extendedstay.com . The Crossland Economy Studios in Kent is $199/week. It has a little kichenette and a double size bed and it's about 5 miles south of the airport. If you stay for more than 30 days, it's tax exempt; this rule applies to any hotels/motels in Washington. There are fully furnished apartments and they are pricey. If you are bringing your family, I know of a 2 bedroom, fully furnished apartment for $1600. It's really nice and it's only 5 miles from the airport. Their number is (425)271-8288. Hope this helps.

crash pad

Most new hires are from the northwest and have some connections / friends / family in the area to stay with. A couple of guys in my class showed up with no plans and ended up getting an apartment together. In my opinion a car is a must as well (but O-how I hate SEA traffic!)

Anyone know what Alaska is looking for as far as time? And when you have the time what is the best way to get noticed & hired???

Any info would be great!!

For civilian it is about 5000 total and 1000 multi-turbine PIC, or 5000 total and 15-2000 of 737 or MD-80 sic. About the only way to get noticed is to go to WIA, OBAP, or west coast AIR inc . The other way is to have a Alaska pilot refer you through their respective base chief pilot. That appears to be the only way in. They do not accept resumes or applications off the street so I here. Good Luck!!

Latest resources

Back