Alaska

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't wear a tie

Space Shuttle, Concorde and Super Cub, eh?

Since two outta three are grounded right now I'd put Super Cub on the top of your resume.

And with less than 1000 hours and no previous Alaska or 135 experience all that's left (realistically) is flight instructing in Anchorage or Fairbanks.

You may be able to get a co-pilot gig at FSAir at Anchorage International...excuse me, that's now, Anchorage "Ted Stevens" International Airport.

It's not impossible especially if you already know someone up here. Try to use an Alaska address so you'll look like you're a local or at least intend to stay around for awhile.

Other positives would previous gravel experience. Good crosswind technique. Lots of common sense and good judgement.

I wish you luck 'cause this is the best time of year to be up here. Hopefully you'll get more advice from others. I'd offer more advice in the future but I'm probably not gonna be able to correspond very well for the next several weeks.

So, best wishes!

I think Cape Smythe in Barrow is Hiring. The have a couple of C99's which are two pilot. Also, C-207's, Navajo's and T-1040's (unpressurized chayanne) (907)852-8333

I just left Warbelow's in Fairbanks for America West, and a number of other people are leaving soon with a logbook full of hours for bigger and better things. It's a good (and safe) operation and I'm sure they'll be looking for Navajo pilots soon, if not already.

Warbelows Air Ventures
3758 University Ave. S.
Fairbanks, AK 99709
1-800-478-0812
www.warbelows.com

Chief pilot is Gary Guy. Have fun!

HAL

Edit: Now that I've looked at your stats, you probably don't qualify since 135 multi-engine single pilot requires an ATP. I'll leave that info up for anyone else interested though.

Latest resources

Back