Alaska to hire in May

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AK737FO

The Chief Pilot's weekly news letter said that there will be a small class hired in May.
The new hires will come from an already existing pool of candidates who have been in the system prior to September 11th.
In the future... Alaska will use an on line application throught it's web page, that will be FREE of charge. UPAS will no longer be used (and in this pilot's opinion, may it die a slow and painful death).
Good luck to all.

Great news from a great company!

Any info on how big the pool is or if and when they will begin to interview more candidates? I have two pilots with recommendations at AK will that be enough to get the interview?
When will the online app process begin?

TIA

I think (key words here) the pool is only 3. They were supposed to be in the last class last year. I understand the class in May is a small class of 6. The other three being QX pilots, since there are 70 some on furlough. It appears there may possibly be another class soon. The CP said the next several classes would be comprised of people that already have Silver Bullets on file and other LOR's. Also, Horizon pilots. Reasoning-He wants those that wanted to work for Alaska BEFORE they were one of only 3 majors to be hiring.
No date yet for online app.

Good luck!

Alaska Hiring Horizon?

Just had a line check airman in the jumpseat and he was in the Horizon flightops the day Alaska was asking for 6 or 7 Horizon pilots. They want to take a few Horizon guys to avoid more CA downgrades. Oh now they start taking Horizon guys...Geeez, I thought you had to come from Great Lakes or something.

Alaska Air Interview Prep

Do any of you know who the company is that provides Alaska interview prep? I think they are located at Boeing Field.

I believe the company that does the interview prep is called ATC, at Boing field. I know they did an excellent prep for Horizon.

RR

Great News!!!

I'm on LOA from another major and back up here in SE Alaska!!! My checkride in the Big Six is tomorrow. I'll be the one in JNU with the Can-Can dancer on the tail.

Anyway...Any idea on when they'll be hiring from the outside??? I don't have a silver bullet and no turbine PIC experience, but I do have over 2,000 hours in jets over 100,000lb and plenty of Alaska time (in southeast) flying singles.

Longing to fly Nanuk!

See you at "The Cut" in JNU.

Cheers!

GP

Guam360 said:
please excuse my ignorance, but what is a "silver bullet"??

"Silver Bullet" means for all intents and purposes you need an inside connection to get an interview, just like FedEx and UPS. Btw they take this very seriously at Alaska - some guy who rode your jump seat is not going to volunteer to be your silver bullet.

Latest resources

Back