Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's no Eskimo, that is:
1: Alaska's most senior FA
2: Bob Marley ('cause I heard pot is legal up there, man!)
3: Johnny Cash in a parka

Those are three of the most common guesses I've heard. But seriously, I have heard it is just a "generic" portrait of an Eskimo, and no one person in particular, kind of like the "generic" gold rush prospector that used to be painted on there years back. I also heard once that it was one particular regular customer, but was later told that was incorrect. I'm sure one of the AK guys on this board can give better info. Take it easy.

The Face

You are right. The Face is a generic picture that has morphed over the years. He is just a face inside of a parka. He use to have a stoic frown that has changed into a touch of a smile over the years.
Now for some trivia - what other airline has a picture of a person on the tail?

Re: The Face

AK737FO said:
You are right. The Face is a generic picture that has morphed over the years. He is just a face inside of a parka. He use to have a stoic frown that has changed into a touch of a smile over the years.
Now for some trivia - what other airline has a picture of a person on the tail?

Aviacsa.

I was under the impression the AK face was the junior Alaska FA.

FreightGuyNTX said:
The story I heard was that it is a picture of the prettiest girl in Alaska.

Are you crazy, they don't have girls in Alaska. What do you think the moose are for?

As I heard one Captain say, "That sure was nice of Alaska to put Barbara Bush's portrait on their planes." :)

I always wondered about that Alaska tail image. I figured it was either Bob Marley or Bob Dylan (on steroids).

Minh

Latest resources

Back