Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mach none

wishin I was on a boat
As of May 15, we now offer unlimited jumpseats. If there is a seat open in the back, you can ride. Unfortunately, you still have to be on our list.

Alaska, Horizon, Northwest, Era and Pennair can ride in the cockpit.

Mach

Thanx AS

Did you guys have to give something up to get unlimited jumpseats? This will help me a lot as I live in Spokane. Thanks again to your pilot group for making this happen.

Re: Thanx AS

de727ups said:
Did you guys have to give something up to get unlimited jumpseats? This will help me a lot as I live in Spokane. Thanks again to your pilot group for making this happen.

We did not have to give anything up. Management gave this to us. I am sure we will have to negotiate for it in the next contract though.

Thanks AS!!

Thanks to the Alaska guys! We at ASA have unlimited jumps also, in case anyone didn't know. Open seat=jumpseat.

I was just up to ANC to visit an old friend and can confirm this new policy. Its wonderful and wish the other carriers out there would follow suit (namely American). Maybe the flight deck will be open again soon to all 121 guys. Wishful thinking but would be nice. I'm at US Airways express, and all our seats are jumpseats too, so come on over!

AK jumpseats

This has been proposed to AA management several times by myself and others. Unfortunately the morons in Flight Admin have shot it down every time as too costly. Can't really see where the cost comes in and suspect it is non-pilots crapping on pilots because they hate their jobs and are jealous. Funny thing is it wasn't a problem at my last airline where they knew how to pinch pennies as well.

Latest resources

Back