Alaska hiring

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Woohoo. I will send my stuff right in!

Alaska: "Thank you Mr. SoandSo, your resume is number 6321. We look forward to reviewing your items for our 120 positions, in which we really will hire only 80. If you have any greater piloting skills such as test pilot or check airman of the year award, please send us that information. We also recommend that you send in a letter of recommendation signed by each one of our pilots. Once hired we will provide you with a gift certificate to REI, in which you can buy an abundance of cold weather items, since you will be based in Anchorage for years. Thank you for your interest."

I really do like Alaska, I'll apply just to get the rejection letter. :bawling:

Alaska: "Thank you Mr. SoandSo, your resume is number 6321. We look forward to reviewing your items for our 120 positions, in which we really will hire only 80. If you have any greater piloting skills such as test pilot or check airman of the year award, please send us that information. We also recommend that you send in a letter of recommendation signed by each one of our pilots. Once hired we will provide you with a gift certificate to REI, in which you can buy an abundance of cold weather items, since you will be based in Anchorage for years. Thank you for your interest."

That is ludicrous. They'd never give us an REI certificate!

The rest. . .

Don't forget to get a prescription for plenty of Prozac, whether you are based in ANC or SEA;).

Alaska to trim pilot hiring from 120+ next year to about 70 .. Also SLC announcement ...

I got confirmation of this today from my source. It's based on the company's interpretation of the new rest rules. They somehow think its going to make us all "efficient" and will require less overall pilots.

Lets hope they're wrong...

Mookie.

How do the new work rules make us more efficient? Is each pilot going to be able to fly more hours per month? Someone who would know told me soft time is at 3%. I don't see how they're going to squeeze more flying out of the pilots.

Plus, won't they need more reserve zones, especially at night?

How do the new work rules make us more efficient? Is each pilot going to be able to fly more hours per month? Someone who would know told me soft time is at 3%. I don't see how they're going to squeeze more flying out of the pilots.

Plus, won't they need more reserve zones, especially at night?

My source said the company's interpretation was it would reduce Newhires from 120 down to 70. Don't know how. The only pairing that won't work will be mex/gdl all nighter turns. Get ready for dfw and ord turns

Probably the same way we (QX) are going to be scheduled 8+hrs block and 13 hrs duty! But only six legs. So we have that going for us, which is nice.

Latest resources

Back