Alaska guys... no LAB thread?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Frozen Ronin

Heard there's some unplanned time off at LAB?

Best wishes and good luck to those affected,

Ronin

Last edited:
Really....... back in 2000 just before flight school I worked ticketing in Juneau for them. Any more information...

Just read about that in the paper up here. I dont know enough about LAB to comment on it though

For all former LABers, "You can go to the shop and scrub bellies, Thats what you can do!"

What stops the officers of the corp. form starting a new corp. and obtaining a new 135 cert?

I had 2 offers for spring work with lab declined both as they did not want to pay a livable wage. So if they skimp on pilot pay theres a good chance they are greedy enough to not do proper maint.

Last edited:
I was about to post that they got shut down, but somebody beat me to it.

I flew there in 2000 and the same problems probably existed. But now the airplanes have several thousand more hours on them. Getting old. If you read the actual FAA report, they were going to take the engine from the plane that caught on fire and put in on another plane, apparently without researching to see if this is a good idea, in my opinion NO.

What comes around goes around.

While Layton is an icon in southeast aviation, it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :rolleyes:

Lynn, arguably one of the best pilots in SE, shared some of his dad's traits. I'll just leave it at that.

The Bennett family will be just fine.

Now with LAB gone is AirEx picking up some of the slack in the Lynn Canal? With Skagway Air gone last summer (shut down of their choosing) and now LAB, is Wings the only way to Haines? If so, too bad. Skagway Air and LAB were family airlines. Wings is just a business from my experience.

Cheers!

GP

What stops the officers of the corp. form starting a new corp. and obtaining a new 135 cert?

I had 2 offers for spring work with lab declined both as they did not want to pay a livable wage. So if they skimp on pilot pay theres a good chance they are greedy enough to not do proper maint.

That's actually why they were shut down. The FAA was happy to leave well enough alone. But when someone said "even NW Pilot won't fly there," they decided it was worse than they thought, and promptly issued an emergency revocation.

Latest resources

Back