Alaska Flightseeing or Day Fishing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vector4fun

OK, here's the deal. My Dear Grandmother turns 90 this year. The family has decided that in celebration of said milestone, we're getting the whole family, Grandma, 2 sons, 7 Grandkids, and like 15 great-grandkids and a few stowaways, and Cruising from Seward to Vancouver this June. (Grandma likes to Cruise) Stops in Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, and Icy Strait. I've never been, (Vancouver is as far NW as I've ever been) but some of the family have done similar cruises before.

My question(s) is, I'm checking the prices on-line through Royal Carribean, for things to do in said ports, and the prices they quote for say a 2 hr floatplane trip, or 4 hr fishing trip, are like $200/person and UP.

Any of you natives know if these are going rates, or can you do better with some local help/knowledge? Spending a Grand to take the wife and kid on a floatplane ride seems a bit steep, even if the scenery IS fabulous.:eek:

I'd be willing to bet that you could do much better dealing directly with an operator than thru the cruise comapany. I understand that they want a very steep slice of the action. I'm really not familliar with the SE operators so I don't have any specific reccomendations, but I think it would be worth yur while to explore options other than those offered by Royal Carribbean

Latest resources

Back