Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

av8instyle

Above Average Member
Effective March 04. This has been anticipated for a while. There's barely over 100 pilots there though and it'll just mean some shifting. My guess is they will throw in some fall classes with the bid.
Bid is supposed to come out in a week or so.

LA?

Could the LA base still be assigned to the next class of new hires? Is the LA base just MD pilots or is it 737 pilots too?

I'm waiting to hear about a fall class. I will have to sell a house and move family cross-country. I'm hesitant to do anything until "called". Any advice, rumors, etc. from current ALK guys would be appreciated. Thanks

Could the LA base still be assigned to the next class of new hires? Is the LA base just MD pilots or is it 737 pilots too
Yes, but only for the 737. Typically LA goes very junior, but that could change a little with the MD base closure. Not yet sure if they're increasing the 73 base in LAX or just moving dudes north.
I'm waiting to hear about a fall class. I will have to sell a house and move family cross-country. I'm hesitant to do anything until "called". Any advice, rumors, etc. from current ALK guys would be appreciated.
The bid will be out next week. It will tell if the LAX 73 base is increasing, if there will be new hires, etc.
I'll post when I see the bid.

Latest resources

Back