Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska buys Hawaii Vacations Inc. and $100mil in its own stock.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Looks like they are emptying their pockets so they can cry to the pilots over pay raises. Another page out of the typical playbook.

Agreed, a company only gets rid of cash on hand when something is up. I smell no good.

Eh, getting rid of cash on hand and buying back some stock isn't such a bad idea with market cap way down. The sharks are circling...

Lets see, Everyone takes a paycut, with the money saved by paying the employees less they can buyback stock and improve the return for the investors. I'll bet a lot of managements compensation is based on stock options. Thank you employees for taking a pay cut to help improve the return on managements stock options!
Absolutely criminal!

Eh, getting rid of cash on hand and buying back some stock isn't such a bad idea with market cap way down. The sharks are circling...

Dingdingdingdingding.......we have a winner! Now if they were offering 60 bucks a share for US Air stock.......

This makes sense of what I'm hearing about Alaska. A friend who's in the investing world(used to own a seat on wallstreet) said Alaska is pretty much up for sale. The only draw back is their underfunded pension. Something like $300 million underfunded I think. Boy I wouldn't want my retirement security resting with them.

Our ALPA retirement committee only recently said that our pension is well funded by any standard. Where are you getting that? Just flamebait.

Our ALPA retirement committee only recently said that our pension is well funded by any standard. Where are you getting that? Just flamebait.

Don't shot the messenger, that's just what I had been told. I looked it up and I guess that your ratio of amount underfunded to market cap is (.4). Not good. Any pension now a days is a risk, let alone one in an industry as volatile as aviation.

Latest resources

Back