• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Alaska Airlines with 2/year degree?

Total Time
I heard from someone the other day that Alaska dropped its requirement for a 4-year degree if someone has a 2-year degree and commensurate turbine PIC to compensate. Does anyone know anything about this? Are they hiring people with 2 year degrees? What would be a qualifying amount of PIC if someone has only an AS degree? Thanks.

Singlecoil

I don't reMember
Total Time
Alaska does hire pilots without four year degrees. I know of one guy with about 1500 PIC turbine and no college who went to AirInc and quickly was interviewed and hired. Alaska still likes conference attendees a lot, whether they be at WIA, Air-Inc, or OBAP. What they don't like is two years of college and no degree, or 4 years with only an AA. They want to see that you have attained the goals that you have set for yourself. But be prepared to be hammered on your decisions in the board interview. Don't contradict yourself and don't get defensive and it is not that big of a deal.

inline

Total Time
19000+
Alaska Airlines has never required a 4 year degree. They will consider an A.A. degree"if flight experience more than compensates."(for the lack of a 4 year degree)