Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Old School 737

NG's now and it is A OK!!
ATLANTA (AP) -- Alaska Air Group Inc., the parent of Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air, reports its first-quarter results before the stock market opens Thursday.

WHAT TO WATCH FOR: The carrier's low costs and largely domestic focus helped it weather the economic downturn and put it in a good position to capitalize on the ongoing rebound.

That should propel it to an adjusted first-quarter profit, while several of its larger rivals were expected to post losses.

Alaska Airlines saw its traffic increase 5.8 percent last month. Occupancy, or load factor, and capacity, as measured by available seat miles, also rose. Horizon Air also saw increases in all three categories in March.

The company has been working hard on improving customer service. In particular, it has improved on-time performance and announced new on-board amenities like Wi-Fi.

Alaska Airlines said in February that it would begin offering electronic boarding passes to passengers in several of the cities it serves. The company said the new service also would work on sister carrier Horizon Air.

WHY IT MATTERS: Together, Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air serve more than 90 cities through their network in Alaska, Hawaii, the continental U.S., Canada and Mexico. The parent company, based in Seattle, has a marketing alliance with Delta Air Lines. Based in Atlanta, Delta is the world's largest airline.

WHAT'S EXPECTED: Analysts surveyed by Thomson Reuters, who generally exclude one-time items from their estimates, expect Alaska Air Group to post a first-quarter profit of 35 cents a share on revenue of $816.4 million.

LAST YEAR'S QUARTER: For the first quarter of 2009, Alaska Air Group posted a loss of $19.2 million, or 53 cents a share, on revenue of $742.4 million.

SWA to buy Alaska

watch what is going to happen this year, SWA to buy Alaska and get the Islands, Canada and Mexicio

SWA is not the only airline out there! If I was given the choice of flying on a "cattle car" or an airline with real services and code sharing, the choice is easy. Remember that in most markets the price is the same on both airlines....easy choice.

I wouldn't start getting to excited about those OGG, HNL, and KOA layovers. I don't think SWA is willing to pay 2.3 Billion for AS. They could have done all this with ATA or Sun Country for millions and chose not to. SWA is not a buyer of things expensive. Who knows maybe you guys will start doing all this flying with internal growth. I think that makes the most sense.

Word around the campfire is that Alaska is going to announce a new city (cities) tomorrow along with another big profit!

Word around the campfire is that Alaska is going to announce a new city (cities) tomorrow along with another big profit!

Apparently Alaska applied today for seasonal SAN-PVR, starting in November. Word is SAN-Hawaii will be announced tomorrow!?!:eek:

My guesses are SAN-OGG, SAN-KOA, or maybe LAS-HNL or OGG. Oh well these rumors are usually duds, but hey, we can always hope! :rolleyes:

Here's to hopefully some more recalls! :beer:

SAN-OGG daily starting October 1st!

PDX-KOA 4X a week starting November 12th!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back