• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Alaska Adding Several New Routes!

QCappy

Left Coaster
Total Time
9000+
Alaska Adding New Routes/Additional Frequencies!

http://www.alaskaair.com/as/www2/Destinations/Route-Map.asp

New Routes / Additional Frequencies

City Pairs Date Frequency

Bellingham (BLI) - Las Vegas (LAS)06/25/09 1x Thu/Fri/Sun
Seattle (SEA) - Honolulu (HNL)07/02/09 Increases to 2x daily
Portland (PDX) - Maui (OGG)07/03/09 1x Daily*
Seattle (SEA) - Austin (AUS)08/03/09 1x Daily
Anchorage (ANC) - Maui (OGG)08/03/09 Seasonal Expanded to Year-Round
Seattle (SEA) - Houston (IAH)09/23/09 1x Daily
Seattle (SEA) - Atlanta (ATL)10/23/09 1x Daily
Oakland (OAK) - Kahului, Maui (OGG)11/09/09 1x Mon/Wed/Fri/Sat
Oakland (OAK) - Kona, Hawaii (KOA)11/10/09 1x Tue/Thu/Sun
* Portland-Maui Flight Operates Wednesdays, Fridays, and Sundays until August 8, 2009 when service becomes daily.

Last edited:

becket

Total Time
wonder why alk didn't put out a press release for all this new flying? Code share?

QCappy

Left Coaster
Total Time
9000+
They don't put codeshare routes on the route map (except Dutch Harbor)

becket

Total Time
why so quiet? Going to Hotlanta and new bay area service to hawaii seems like a big deal yet nothing but silence. Something seems odd here...

crj567

You better watch out- General Lee says Song will put you guys right out of business.

Carl_Spackler

Total Time
Is this going to be additional flying, or are they cutting capacity on other routes to fly these new ones?

Old School 737

NG's now and it is A OK!!
Total Time
Enough
Is this going to be additional flying, or are they cutting capacity on other routes to fly these new ones?

This off the company web site.

Even with the new markets it will serve, Alaska still plans to reduce overall capacity by its planned 6 percent in 2009 compared with last year, according to Chief Financial Officer Glenn Johnson.

“It’s hard to predict the future, so we need to keep all of our options open in terms of the schedule and where we fly,” Johnson said. “We can’t rule out further cutbacks if demand continues to deteriorate.”

Reduced flying to Mexico will require staffing adjustments at Los Angeles International Airport and the six affected stations south of the border: Cancún, Guadalajara, Los Cabos, Mazatlán, Mexico City and Puerto Vallarta.

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
Could this all lead to something more? MAYBE. Will CRJ567 still be working at McRonalds in 5 years? Probably. Will he ever rid himself of his nasty urinal cake eating habit? Unlikely.

Hey, if this all pans out like some people think it will, maybe I will be flying to Sitka not as a passenger(left seat). If so, then FANTASTIC. You never know.... there will likely be a 767ER base in SEA hitting major Asian cities sometime in the near future (probably after recession), and Alaska Air will be the feed...... You just never know....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:

Mamma

Total Time
+1
Good luck with the Sitka flying! It is great except in the spring, fall and winter! If you guys buy us I would expect a fence for a few years in SEA but then, go ahead, bid down to a 737 classic and have at it!

Could this all lead to something more? MAYBE. Will CRJ567 still be working at McRonalds in 5 years? Probably. Will he ever rid himself of his nasty urinal cake eating habit? Unlikely.

Hey, if this all pans out like some people think it will, maybe I will be flying to Sitka not as a passenger(left seat). If so, then FANTASTIC. You never know.... there will likely be a 767ER base in SEA hitting major Asian cities sometime in the near future (probably after recession), and Alaska Air will be the feed...... You just never know....

Bye Bye--General Lee

NWaviator

Total Time
1000+
Lets hope that AS doesn't completely give up on a some of the Mexico destinations and they have QX fill in if they want to reduce capacity. I'm all for AS flying down there but I just don't want AS to pull out completely cuz someone will just plug that hole. Time will tell I guess.

ImbracableCrunk

Unregistered Un-User
Total Time
6AM
Lets hope that AS doesn't completely give up on a some of the Mexico destinations and they have QX fill in if they want to reduce capacity. I'm all for AS flying down there but I just don't want AS to pull out completely cuz someone will just plug that hole. Time will tell I guess.

Don't worry, Alaska Express will soon be filling in any gaps. Or routes. Or hubs.