• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Alaska 110M Profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Heard we were offered SWAs -800 slots and of course we turned them down. "How could we possibly train enough pilots?"

uneducated yet knows it all...

I agree with you Cesna -
If I've seen it once, I've seen it a thousand times. Way to many guys / gals who have zero involvement in their union, have never volunteered to so much as lift a finger to help, have gone to a council meeting once or twice in the last decade, yet thump their chest and explain to those of us who have actually been educated and involved how ALPA sucks and that we need "professional" negotiators. Clueless... yet if you ask them to get in the game, you will get the "I'm to busy" or my personal favorite "ALPA can waste my money but not my time".
SH and RD will do a fine job this go around at the table. I'm looking forward to the pay raise already!

You're misinformed.

Call RD on the negotiating committee to get educated--the guy loves to talk. It's not just our "volunteer pilots" vs. management and Ford Harrison.

Last edited:
Oh yes, we will get a pay raise. Management can't hide the $$$ since it's over flowing from the piggy bank. The question is how much? Let's not sell ourselves short like we did the last go!

Oh yes, we will get a pay raise. Management can't hide the $$$ since it's over flowing from the piggy bank. The question is how much? Let's not sell ourselves short like we did the last go!
It sure has hell better be well north of Pre Kasher. How do you argue you shouldn't make what you did 10 years ago on your SECOND contract post the arbitration? In my mind, you can't.

Everything remaining equal, I'm expecting TOS Capt to be $220.00/hr range and TOS F.O. same as Delta 737-900 at around $142.00. This is of course assuming we don't ream ourselves with PBS or coughing up scope to get it. I won't vote for it if it does.

It sure has hell better be well north of Pre Kasher. How do you argue you shouldn't make what you did 10 years ago on your SECOND contract post the arbitration? In my mind, you can't.

Everything remaining equal, I'm expecting TOS Capt to be $220.00/hr range and TOS F.O. same as Delta 737-900 at around $142.00. This is of course assuming we don't ream ourselves with PBS or coughing up scope to get it. I won't vote for it if it does.

Scope what scope ?? We don't have any..

Some "I got mine" geezer will chime in tell you to forget about "pre-Kasher"; I'd tell him to go f**k himself!
This can't be a "give a little take a little" bs negotiations! We have nothing to GIVE!!! BT is a nice guy and I have a lot of respect for him but never undermine that his loyalty is to the BOD. It scares me when our own union guys are head over heels for BT. IMHO, he is smarter and sneakier than emotion-boy BA.
These guys can afford to pay us $220/$150 and still make record breaking profits. Making us attend Flight Path won't get us on board.... Paying us what we deserve will!

Exactly! And if you are able to get $220/hr, expect to see some more large rj's in the mix.
I don't have a problem with that as long as it's part of a comprehensive growth plan that is mutually beneficial. A profitable company is the cornerstone to everything.

Latest resources

Back