Al Yurman Needs to Shut His Yap.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Captain Morgan

"Yurman added that regional pilots, on the whole, also are not as experienced or talented as large-carrior pilots. Companies like Delta and American Airlines seek pilots with military training, he said, leaving regional carriers to settle for people who are not the "cream of the crop.""

This guy needs to get with the times and step out of the 60-70's. Apparently no one told him that military pilots are hired in all facets of aviation including the regional airlines. Since everyone is talking about icing experience and low time, let's examine military pilots; and if I'm wrong, please chime in. It seems to me that military pilots are released onto the world with an abnormally low amount of time, say around 250 hours. They fly missions to deliver ordinance but also carry supplies and troops into battle. In addition to this, in times of war, namely the Afgan/Iraq War of recent times, they probably don't experience much ice. In addition to lack of icing experience, thunderstorms don't seem to prove a challenge for them because they rarely fly in or around them. Please chime in and tell me if I'm wrong, because I am sick of being demonized because I am a regional pilot. I didn't attend a prestigous academy, I fought tooth and nail to afford my training, I clawed my way through menial aviation jobs of all sort including a tad of flight instruction. I would consider myself a compitent and well rounded pilot. My goal is not to say that military pilots are inferior either. They have their merits, but again, I want to set the record straight, most of us with the exception of the few, are professionals. Here's Al Yurman's website if anyone is interested. http://www.alyurmanaviationexpert.com/about.html

You would be better off if you just accepted your mediocrity...That aviation "expert" is right, since you learned to fly in the civilian world you just don't have talent and will never be a good pilot. You shall remain relegated to the regional and prop ranks since a major airline with its pick of "the cream of the crop" will never choose you, but if you are lucky a regional airline might take you as the crap leftovers...

yeah right...like the military has never crashed a plane due to pilot error, hasn't this guy ever heard of career progression?

Military Pilots....

I have great respect for those who volunteer to defend our country, but not all military pilots are worth a crap...

-Just look at this guy-he had a very long history of doing screwy stuff and there were a bunch of F.O.s who would not fly with him.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVaAVN94sTs

Latest resources

Back