AirWis

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CaptO'Brien

What is the current time spent on reserve? What is the current upgrade time? Where would a new FO expect to be placed? Would a new FO be able to fly alot in their first year?

Thanks!

What is the current time spent on reserve? What is the current upgrade time? Where would a new FO expect to be placed? Would a new FO be able to fly alot in their first year?

Thanks!

1 month in PHL, a little longer in DCA, and A LOT longer in ORF. 3 years-ish. PHL or DCA, most likely PHL initially. If PHL you wont sit a day while on RSV, DCA maybe sit a day or two with out doing anything, ORF you wont fly much.

So what is the upgrade time if i live in ORF and bid for CA position as soon as possible if it comes up?

So kinda crappy if you are an FO in ORF?

So what is the upgrade time if i live in ORF and bid for CA position as soon as possible if it comes up?

So kinda crappy if you are an FO in ORF?

If things remain status quo, it is 3 years right now. 3 years from now that could be different. There is no way to know at any regional what your exact upgrade time will be. Upgrade is system wide seniority based, and generally people take the first upgrade available. Meaning that if a PHL FO takes the first available, and it is a ORF CA slot, and he is the most senior, he gets awarded ORF CA. Just because you are an ORF FO does not mean you get priority over the ORF CA slots. You can hold out for a ORF CA slot, but in the mean time you may be passing up upgrade in PHL or DCA.

If you are an ORF line holder, you will fly as much as anyone else in the system that are line holders. I was talking about RSV. A recent new hire bud of mine spent his first month in ORF on RSV and did 1 trip all month, then came to PHL and did not sit 1 day during August.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back