• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirWis info please

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think you've been mislead on the growth, I was told last week that 7 more airplanes are coming with financing in place for 20 more, just need someone to fly them for. Still a great place to be.

I sent some application materials via email and ground mail a few weeks ago (mid december?) and got a call from Kristi for a phone screening last week, just as I was walking out the door for a 3 day trip, so I couldn't call her back until today. She was out of the office, but I left a message telling her I will try again tomorrow. Anything out of the ordinary I can expect from this? Of course the internet is loaded with all kinds of gouges, but none of them made any mention about a phone screening (unless I'm reading the wrong ones!).

Air Wis

Hello- The interview is good on teh phone, it's just to veryify info and ask why you want to work for airwis, and what you know about the company....tell her you know there is financing in place for about 20 more CRJ's, and there is possibility of 20 more etc...and that you understand that there is going to be a slow process for the upgrade time, but they do take good care of you and the pay is well after the 1st year. She is really nice, and when you go to the interview, very easy going. YOu will great. I can send you some info if you want. Email me at [email protected]

Do the new hires ever go to the 146, or are they senior?

Air Wis

Yes they go to 146, eitehr is available, in fact....next class has 4 spots open for it..it's just MUCH longer reserve time.

91 said:
I sent some application materials via email and ground mail a few weeks ago (mid december?) and got a call from Kristi for a phone screening last week, just as I was walking out the door for a 3 day trip, so I couldn't call her back until today. She was out of the office, but I left a message telling her I will try again tomorrow. Anything out of the ordinary I can expect from this? Of course the internet is loaded with all kinds of gouges, but none of them made any mention about a phone screening (unless I'm reading the wrong ones!).

YO, whats up with tryin' to leave? I thought we were ridin' this "ship" in together.

well, lets face it Mike (I assume...), things aren't looking to swell here at ALG, and it looks like the kids at PSA will get theirs too...

Re: Air Wis is great place to be!

Originally posted by bb9000cde ..... It's somewhere where you can retire, and the contact is great.....

Oh waiter, Ill have what this guys' having...and make it a double!

For the air wis drivers:

What is your reserve system like? Is it seniority based and what is your callout? How are open time trips assigned?

Also, how does your trip/duty rig work?

Thanks. We are in contract talks and I want to be able to compare.....

Reserver in ATW

Hey there I am on reserve in the 146 hear in ATW. Got hired in oct of this past year. off OR in Dec, I am told I will have four more guys beneath me next month. doesn't really matter though. reserve is a two hour call out most of the time I just sit around with the other guys from my class and play PS2. I have flown less than 50 hours in two months of flying. company gives you a beeper. They tell me that I won't be senior enough to hold reserve in the summer months. I guess everyone likes the second year pay and not ever having to work in the nice wx. I have been very happy since coming over here. And the time off gives me time to bartend and make up for the probation pay.

as for the future: I don't know what will happen but things seem to be moving fast since the MESA/ACA dance was cut thankfully short. I think that we will take delivery of the 20 we have financing for + the 7 we have yet to take delivery of in the first order of 60 for UAL. There are additional rumors circulating now around here saying there may even be more than 20 with a vacum now opening in Dulles. This last part is nothing but talk from what I know that is fact. Either way, training Dept is budgeted for 175 newhires in a 0% attrition senario this year. Obviously because we are losing 5 a month that will change and if we finalize the additional 20 that 200 on top of that. (We man at 5 crews per A/C) Could be great, but I have learned enough about this industry in my short years to not believe anything till after you plug you headset into it.

Regards and good luck

DD

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back