• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

utahpilot

Seeing the light
how many pilots at Air Wis?

how long would a newhire expect to sit reserve if given ORD? ATL? if given ATL, how long to get to ORD?

what are reserve lines like for ORD?

do trips flow out through the other hubs? for example, do ORD pilots fly out to DEN then on out west to LA?

thanks in advance

UP

utahpilot said:
how many pilots at Air Wis?

how long would a newhire expect to sit reserve if given ORD? ATL? if given ATL, how long to get to ORD?

what are reserve lines like for ORD?

do trips flow out through the other hubs? for example, do ORD pilots fly out to DEN then on out west to LA?

thanks in advance

UP

1. About 750 right now with training of 20 or so every month right now. Company plan on loosing 5 a month to attrition.

2. ORD - Best guess 5-6 months. ATL - Best guess indef. as little to no movement there unless AirTran want more A/C (still a possibility).

3. All reserve lines are 5 on 3 off and reserves are being used quiet often to fly right now.

4. Yes for UAX flying. DEN crews fly out to ORD and east and ORD crews do go through DEN. No more west coast stuff on the RJ as this has gone to Skywest and MESA. ATL crews do Airtran stuff only (reserve might get a UAX trip out of ATL if pilot goes sick there for UAX).

crashpad said:
What's going on with their Denver Ops?

Moving over to B concourse again as UAL want A gates for TED. Departures down to minimal on RJ as routes being done by Skywest and MESA. 146's still doing the mountain stuff etc. Most of the DEN crews end up going through ORD and out east which they love :D

How about a couple more questions...

How long was the agreement signed with Airtran to provide jet connect service?

Are new hires getting ATL right out of class or is the lack of movement there making ATL hard to get?

How do you feel about AWACs future growth after their firm orders have been delivered? I know they have several conditional orders and options but am curious what the general feeling is for them exercising these.

Guess I'm just trying to weigh my options right now as I've been sitting in ASA's pool for 14 months and now have an AirWis interview coming up. I live in ATL and probably couldn't go wrong with either, but just want to make the most informed decision.

Almost forgot...what are the flight benefits like on United and Airtran? Do all pilots get the same bennies or do the ATL crews only get Airtran's?

Last edited:
Air Wis is great place to be!

:) I am working as a pilot for Air Wisconsin on the CRJ-200. They are the best company I have ever worked for, they are very proffessional, growing, treat you like your flying a 747, and has a strong future. I know they are getting 20 airplanes for sure, and most likely an additional 20, so this is a loarge CRJ order, there are plans to hire almost 400 more pilots if this happens, so uograde will go sooner than most think. It's somewhere where you can retire, and the contact is great. Thanks to Mesa, we did have to take a large paycut, but things will hopefully return at some point. Apply now, it's the time. Most people need high 121 time, but there have been some 135's in recent classes. Usualy about 15-20 per class...no pool. Ask any other questions if needed!

Do they do any sort of internship or bridge program for college graduates? Any sort of preferencial hiring to former interns or specific universitites?

Air Wis

Eric- They have no bridge programs etc....it's not really a place that hirtes too many people off the street without 121 time, for most people this is the 2-3+ airline they have been too...it's not like COEX and Eagle did for some time. Its a great place, just go somewhere get time, and I would try to get over asap!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back