• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What we need in BWI is more cowbell.

Rogue5 said:
April 22, 2006
www.nytimes.com

AirTran's Scrappy Rise in Atlanta
By JEFF BAILEY

Written off as doomed nearly a decade ago, when it was known as Valujet, AirTran is one of the most unlikely success stories in the airline industry.

AirTran reported profits in four of those five years, though mostly meager ones.

AWWWW YEAAAAHHH!!!!!

Roger Dat Cowbell---Phay-Dude!

Well, not too bad.. only a 4 ish million loss.... Fuel ? We held on casm, pretty well. Surprising, with the new cities, and equipment purchases.. No new hotel in sight though. Hee Haw... Just a little rib.

Raise the fares !! everybody !! Less seats = higher fares.

We're here to stay for a while...However, my logo light is still off....Contract !!

PHXFLYR said:
But just because the loads are "good" out of BWI,it doesn't mean that the run is profitable. The thing you have to consider is the "yield" out of BWI.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Well, they must be happy with the yields, we are increasing to 43 flights a day out of BWI next month, when we add BWI-MKE and BWI-DTW service.

They don't add capacity in markets with low yields coming into the busy summer schedule.

No logo light here, either . . . . . .

Ty Webb said:
Well, they must be happy with the yields, we are increasing to 43 flights a day out of BWI next month, when we add BWI-MKE and BWI-DTW service.

They don't add capacity in markets with low yields coming into the busy summer schedule.

No logo light here, either . . . . . .

No logo lights here either, although I look forward to a more advanced way to show solidarity. Weren't stock options designed to reward profitability? Looks like it's the Bonus Circa 2004 all over again when the amount of their bonuses equaled the amount of our quarterly loss. It could have been a $4 mil quarterly profit had there been no managerial stock options last December. To borrow Kolski's words, what makes him think he is more "special" than any other labor group on the property, huh?

Last edited:
Wow the logo light thing worked so well for Delta.

What a fantastic idea. Why not go spray paint all over our billboards in ATL too. Why stop there we could probably hire some computer geek to put a virus in our computer sytem. Now that would really help our "cause."

News flash!

Nobody Cares About Our Contract Woes

DairyAir said:
Wow the logo light thing worked so well for Delta.

What a fantastic idea. Why not go spray paint all over our billboards in ATL too. Why stop there we could probably hire some computer geek to put a virus in our computer sytem. Now that would really help our "cause."

News flash!

Nobody Cares About Our Contract Woes

I don't think the lights are meant to involve anyone else. They are more of an indication of our own camaraderie or team spirit, if you will. I agree about their effectiveness and, to a lesser degree, their impact. I, too, would like to see something much more productive.

crosscut said:
. I, too, would like to see something much more productive.

I've been packing extra pens because I've been running out of ink around day two of a four day trip.

Latest resources

Back