• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fly-By-Cable

CAK

Starting in June, AirTran adds CAK - BOS
for a total of 5 cities served out of Akron-Canton

Last edited:
I would hardly call that a hub.

Atlanta is the only official hub. I have heard a lot of talk on here about the possibility of DFW in the future, but the departures would really have to substantially increase to label it a "hub".

I'm there!

I sure hope it goes Junior!!!

I can drive to CAK, so sign me up!!!

Hey Vida,

No, I'm not serious (but if it did happen, I'd be LOVING it!)

BTW, I think Fly-By-Cable didn't REALLY mean it was a hub...I'm guessing that's what the spinning smilie head was supposed to indicate.

We have 4 gates at DFW. At the present time we are using only 2 and possibly a third for overflow aircraft and a terminator in the evening. AA Eagle uses the other two to run flights from and they are paying us to use them. As we add more flights from DFW we will eventually be using all 4. As far as using 7 gates, 1st time I've heard that.

Airtran is gonna kill the CAL CLE market...or whats left of it, and anyway CAK is a much cleaner nicer city and its about a 45 min drive from CLE. I honestly think there is much more business growth in CAK than there will ever be in the foreseeable future in CLE. CLE just does not rock. After LTV steel and BP america left, there is just no big business in CLE. The only high profile people we get are some arab princes in their private planes to get medical attention at the clinic. Looks like a shrewd business plan for Airtran to me.

Paul,

People won't drive from CLE to Akron now because gas prices are too high, and that would negate the reason to fly a LCC from Akron. People will choose to stay in CLE and fly CAL because the costs are the same when you add driving fuel. Thanks OPEC.

Bye Bye---General Lee;)

I guess all the full flights and the fact that AirTran is adding flights our of CAK is an indication that no one will drive from CLE to CAK to catch a flight. :rolleyes:

I heard that parking was also cheaper out of Akron (vs CLE)

Latest resources

Back