• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran's Business is Deteriorating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pretty weak public statement...some true... some false... I agree with my peers..our airline is doing just fine !!!!...a little help for the outstations that ADDED flights for spring break would probably be appreciated by the rampies !!

What are SWA's load factors?...always way less than a major network carrier... Our loads are always similar to SWA's...always... its an efficiency thang!

I don't doubt that Midwest has a great product...but only on certain days and certain times.....Airtran is much bigger and many more options.... Canton loves us !! Boston has grown ! Msp grown... added lots of cities... Growing MDW slowly... trying to stay out of American's hair in DFW...? Newport News..doing fine..... PHL...welll again..doing just fine...Pleeeeez ... Oh and DCA...just fine... funny they never talked about Kansas City...

Shouldn't be too hard to see through this crap... I understand MCO is planning a media blitz before the big shareholder meeting in April.... Game on....!!! AirTran would be good for MKE...just like its been good for a lot of cities !! I'm flaggin BS on Timmy and Carol's press war.... All I keep hearing is undervalued..raise the price Joe !

LOL.!!! Most likely a radio commercial ! And an add in the paper...most likely the wrong city..oops! Ahhh it should be fun to watch...I'm starting to think this thing is erroding away...screw it ..spend the time and effort improving our system and operation.....Plan B ! Less hassle....besides I don't have any MEH stock anyway...rumor is most of the pilots and fa's at Midwest sold their stuff....sell sell sell !! Better get your dough while you can !!

I say let the POS collapse under its own weight . . . . give Timmy and Scornin' Carol a few quarters to send the stock price back to the dumper . . . we come in at this time next year, and buy it for half the price . . . we'll be heroes, they'll be the goats, and Lear70 will have upgraded, due to the UAL and AMR recalls. . . . .

Ty "the Savant" Webb

<<rumor is most of the pilots and fa's at Midwest sold their stuff....>>

Most of the Skyway pilots I know (including myself) sold our options as well. Regardless of what you think of the company/merger issue, the inflated stock price because of all that made it a perfect time to sell off and put some money in my submarine fund.
http://www.ussubs.com/submarines/phoenix_1000.php3

An Animal attacks when it feels threatened! AirTran's business model has made AirTran successful during one of the biggest downturns in this industry. AirTran has been profitable the last seven years. It doesn't matter what happens in between,(each quarter) as long as you make money at the end of the year. Bottom line, AirTran made 15.5 million dollars for all of 2006. They also acquired new airplanes, new routes, and updated the fleet and made many other costly improvements throughout their system. REMEMBER still showing a PROFIT! Tim is a SCARED ANIMAL that is trying his best to hold on to what he has. Lets see what the shareholders say on March 8th. If it doesn't work, AirTran will probable move on and search for other opportunities. Keep in mind AirTran's marketing alliance with Frontier is going very well according to Frontier's CEO.

I've got to hand it to you Airtran guys, after years of waiting for Tim and the boys to do something, you've finally made him take action. Now, he's finally putting his growth plan into action, could be too little to late. He's got to be scared to be issuing stuff like that letter. Heck they even announced Seattle after years of "planning". My question is where are we getting the additional MD80 for the SEA non stop if the "new" used ones aren't ready?

Again a lot of emotions are displayed here, please remember its all about the $$$$$, no one cares about you or me, it doesn't matter what color is your 717 or 737, it doesn't matter if you serve cookies or not, if a shareholder think they will make money they will sell in a heart beat, I don't think it will happen at the current price though.

So, relax and enjoy the ride

Latest resources

Back